The regent and the young emperor saw the invasion and immediately stopped fighting among themselves. They turned around and defeated the Gaoluo mightily and demanded reparations before the two of them contentedly went back to fighting for power.

The more Gu Ru Jiu read about the historic conduct of the Feng emperors, the more she felt the imperial house had unusual ways of thinking. Even the previous emperor was a great weirdo. Supposedly, he liked to hide in the corners and write erotic novels. The protagonists were usually poor scholars or miserable orphans.

The source of the rumour was Empress Dowager Zhou.

Compared to the successive generations of odd emperors in Great Feng, Gu Ru Jiu felt that her emperor was the most normal.

After Jin Yang took care of the political matters, he returned to Purple Imperial Hall. He found a charcoal stove and a steaming copper pot on the table along with all kinds of food. He stilled, walked to Gu Ru Jiu's side and sat down. "What is this?"

"Last time, didn't you say that you wanted to eat hotpot like I did before I married?" Gu Ru Jiu said with a smile, "I had the imperial kitchens prepare it today."

The two washed their hands. Gu Ru Jiu helped him make his seasoning plate and then said with a smile, "This kind of pot is best in the winter. Many people in the capital like to eat this."

"Good." When Jin Yang had been in the prince establishment in his childhood, because his birth mother had passed away and his father favoured his second princess consort, Jin Yang could not be his own master. He basically ate what the servants delivered to him. During winter, sometimes due to the servant's negligence, the food delivered would not even be hot.

He entered the palace at thirteen. After becoming the emperor, he never spared a thought for food. He would just randomly pick dishes from the list the imperial kitchens presented, and never ate a dish where he needed to cook the food in the pot himself.

"Hotpot is only interesting if you cook it yourself." Gu Ru Jiu had rolled up her sleeves already. She picked up her chopsticks and threw thin slices of venison and mutton into the pot.

"What kind of meat is this?" Jin Yang looked in curiosity at the thin meat slices and asked.

"Venison and mutton." Gu Ru Jiu said with a smile, "Don't worry, there is no food you avoid on the table."

"Just throw it in like this?" Jin Yang copied Gu Ru Jiu and picked up a slice of mutton for the pot. However, he was slightly fearful of the boiling soup, and threw in the meat from a distance.

Seeing him like this, Gu Ru Jiu couldn't help but cover her mouth and laugh. She didn't go help, and dropped a plate of seaweed into the pot.

Jin Yang was not angry seeing Jiu Jiu laugh at him. He laughed as well. Then he copied Gu Ru Jiu and put a plate of fresh vegetables into the pot.

"Your Majesty, you cannot cook this kind of vegetables like that." Gu Ru Jiu looked at the tragic greens floating in the pot and laughed. "Seaweed needs to be cooked for a longer time. This kind of vegetable can be eaten after just washing them in the boiling soup." Then she picked up vegetables with her chopsticks, swished them in the pot, and placed them in Jin Yang's plate. "Taste."

Compared to the dishes that had gone through numerous processes before reaching Purple Imperial Hall, this kind of steaming hot vegetable was novel and exceptionally tender to Jin Yang.

The seasoning was slightly cool and the fresh leaves slightly hot. When they entered his mouth, they were unspeakably delicious.

"Not bad." After swallowing the vegetables, Jin Yang ignored the rule of not speaking when eating and said to Jin Yang with a smile, "This way of cooking is good."