Chapter 29: Blue Skies

Mulai dari awal

"Why do you have two? Three counting the broken one." He queried, looking at my brother's board in confusion.

"Well... I'm taking extra measures to make sure no one figures out I'm Victory Curls. Besides, this is my practice board." I answered, not knowing what else to say.

"Can you ride Victory Curls's board for the day?" He asked, making my eyes widen a little. What was this boy trying to accomplish? Nevertheless, I folded, knowing that Langa was pretty stubborn. Leaving the house, I locked up, before riding off with the snow boy. As usual, Victory Curls's skateboard rode like a dream, though I felt unsure about riding it. After all, I was on hiatus, however briefly. I didn't know how to feel about it. Upon arriving at the skatepark, I opted to sit on the bench as Langa practiced. Thirty minutes passed before he stood right in front of me. "What's wrong (Y/N)?" He pouted slightly, making my heart swell. 'Damn his hot ass face!' Bombshell moaned out, before I ignored her.

"I-I'm fine!" I stuttered nervously, however the blue-haired boy didn't buy it.

"You aren't skating." He stated plainly.

"You want me to skate with you?" He took a moment to reply, but eventually he nodded his head in affirmation. Standing up, I grabbed Victory Curls's skateboard, before walking up the ramp. I took a deep breath before going down. I did a couple simple tricks, but I wasn't really feeling up to doing the hard stuff. Visons of Bombshell started to come to mind.

...

'Hey (Y/N), do you want to start a skating club?!'

'That sounds super lame. Besides no one would join if you put 'club' at the end of it.'

'Alright wise guy! You think of a name!!'

'I think it should have something do with an association? How about the Vorpal Swords Association?! The VSA for short!!'

'Pssh... I don't know how you do that, but fine.'

'You can be the leader if you want.'

'I think I will take that title!'

...

Shaking and trembling, I fell off my board at top speed. I wasn't too injured. Only a couple scabs here and there. Nothing was broken. "Ouch..." I mumbled, before Langa ran up to my figure.

"Are you alright, (Y/N)?!" He questioned in a worried state. I looked into his eyes, feeling my own burning from salty tears. I nodded, nevertheless, before standing up again. I looked to Victory Curls's board silently, before picking it up. I stared it. Feeling all sorts of emotions wash over me. Shaking my head of my thoughts, I looked back at Langa.

"Sorry Langa, I got lost in thought..." I stated with a smile, before I walked back over to the benches. I sat down, as Langa followed close behind.

"What about?" He queried, tilting his head to the side like a confused puppy.

"Oh..." I looked to the sky for an answer, however I couldn't think of anything besides, "Girl stuff." Bombshell didn't like that one. Langa gave me a knowing look, shocking me a little. Nevertheless, I rebounded, "You... want me to talk about it?" I questioned.

"Yes." My thoughts went wild. 'What do I tell him?! Do I tell him the truth, or do I make something up? What to do, what to do...' Occasionally, I would glance back at the blue-haired boy, however, he was always the same, staring right at me. I opted to tell him a part of the truth.

"True transformation occurs only when we can look at ourselves squarely and face our attachments and inner demons, free from the buzz of commercial distraction and false social realities. We have to retreat into our own cocoons and come face-to-face with who we are. We have to turn toward our own inner darkness. For only by abandoning its attachments and facing the darkness does the caterpillar's body begin to spread out and its light, beautiful wings begin to form... My race with Adam that night... I felt like a completely different person. The most awful part me came out from the shadows... and I couldn't control it... So, I went on break, but anytime I skateboard like this... I feel uneasy. Like that worse part of me is going to take over. I know very well I have to face it head on... but I don't really know how." I spoke, looking at the concrete ground, as Langa grasped my shoulder in support, however, there was not much else he could do.