Married to the Player: 1

COMING SOON! Make sure to vote if you liked it!

Married to the Player: Chapter one

Song: One More Night by Maroon 5; just because it was playing as I was writing this haha

I heard voices over my music so I glanced up from my textbook to find an almost empty room that was full moments ago. My heart leapt in my chest when I thought I was going to be late for my next class.

It settled when I remembered it was seventh period and I went to the art room instead of study hall. The teachers (they are twins, kinda creepy) have planning that period so they go up to the office to make copies and use the computer.

"Mr. Cook, I really need to pass this class, you have no idea how much is riding on a simple B." I heard the voices from before.

My eyes slid over my shoulder secretly where the schools' Varsity Quarterback stood across from the Chemistry teacher, Mr. Cook. "Let me guess, you don't get the right GPA you don't get to play in Friday's game then you can't play in the state championship, then you won't get the scholarship so you can't go to college. Basically your whole future is riding on this B." Mr. Cook said making gestures with the stack of papers he was holding.

"How'd you know?" Chase turned around as Mr. Cook moved to his desk in the front of the small beige classroom.

"Because I use to be exactly like you Mr. Cardiff. But I got my priorities straight and actually graduated on time." The balding man plopped down in his green chair, a shrill squeal filled the room as a result. "It's not all about sports and girls, Chase. Trust me. I learned that the hard way."

Chase hooked his thumbs on the straps of his backpack. "Then what do you suggest I do?"

"Get a tutor." Mr. Cook placed his glasses on his nose and picked up his favorite green grading pen. Which had never been used much on my papers.

"Like who?"

"Like Miss. Thompson." My eyes slid back down to my textbook making seem like I never looked up.

"No way! Even being seen with her in the hallways would lower my reputation." I heard Chase say.

"I'm sure it would lower a lot more if the football team didn't make it to state."Mr. Cook's deep voice filled the room before pausing to let his prior statement sink in before continuing. "It's your choice, Chase."

Silence followed other than Michael Jackson's music filled my ears from my headphones. I jumped when I heard the heavy wooden door slam shut. "I know you heard everything, Camilla." I snapped my head up to Mr. Cook.

He glanced up from his papers and grinned at me. I took my headphones from my ears and paused my music. I put everything away and slung my bag over my shoulder making my way up to his desk.

"Do I really have to tutor Chase Cardiff?" I asked once I was in front of his desk.

"It's you're choice, you don't have to but I suggest you do. It would add tutoring to your long list to put on your college transcripts."

I sighed and slumped from the room. The door barely closed behind me before Chase was at my side. I walked down the hall towards the glass doors at the end. "So Carrie,"

"Camilla." I corrected not looking from the double doors. That maybe staring at them could magically transport me to the other side and Chase would be walking the opposite way.

"Whatever-" He looked over his shoulder and immediately tugged me into an empty classroom. He pulled the door shut and turned to me.

"What the hell?" I yelled at him.

"There was someone coming!"

"The answer is no." I stated crossing my arms after shoving my glasses up further onto my nose.

"You don't even know what I'm going to ask." He snapped dropping his book bag to the floor. I rolled my eyes, "I was in the room. Heard the whole conversation."

"So you understand?" He asked his voice monotone, "And you'll help me." He coughed so I could barely understand the last part. But I knew what he was asking.

"Sorry what was that?" I asked.

"I need you to help me." He yawned into his hand drowning out the last part again.

"What?" I asked cupping my hand around my ear.

"I need you to tutor me!" He practically yelled.

"Oooh!" I nodded pretending to finally get it. "Not a chance."

"You've got to be kidding me." He grumbled as I brushed past him and pushed the door open. I continued down the hall and out the double doors. Thankfully Chase hadn't followed me. I walked down the sidewalk leading to building five, which is also the senior building.

I pulled open the heavy door and stepped into the cool building. I trotted down the stairs into the art room. I pulled open the door and flipped the switch illuminating the room with light.

I set my bag down on one of the many square tables and went back to the advanced art corner and found my painting. I grabbed my flower canvas from the dry rack and set it on the easel.

I started mixing up paint and found the paintbrushes and got to work. I honestly didn't like this certain assignment because it didn't challenge me. Force me to get better. It only really showed me I can paint flowers.

I finished off the painting right as the bell rang and signed it rushing up to calculus. Thankfully all the math classes were also in building five. I made it into class just before the tardy bell. Allie my best friend rolled her eyes, her work already out. Probably copied, I thought.

"Painting?"

"Yeah, why?" I asked glancing over at her as I pulled my homework out. "You got it in your hair." She reached over and started to get the purple paint from my blond hair.

I winced and she let the strand of hair drop back to frame my face. "So care to tell me what you were doing with Chase Cardiff last period?" I knew it was coming. How fast she found out is what amazes me though.

I looked over at her, "He wants me to tutor him."

"Tutor." She winked in a if-you-know-what-I-mean sort of way.

"Yeah like teach." I rolled my eyes. "I don't think I'm going to do it anyways. I can't stand being near the guy."

"Come on you have to do it." She said grabbing onto my arm.

"Why?" I asked as Mrs. Lynch entered the room.

"Cause it'll be an adventure!" She whispered smiling

~*~

Soo who likes? It'll get a lot better I PROMISE you!