"Yusuf, look," she said. "He's beautiful, isn't he?"

Yusuf grinned, waving his index finger and immediately, the baby grabbed it, curling his tiny hand around it.

Seher laughed, her eyes prickling. She cast a longing look at the bassinet placed at the far end of the room. Yaman reached it in a couple of strides and picked up another bundle.

"And this-" He came closer. "- is our daughter."

He put the baby in the crook of her arm, keeping his hand behind her small head to support her. Seher stared. The baby had the same eyes as her twin, but her hair was a shade lighter, covering her head in a soft brown sheen. She made a gurgling sound, blowing small spit bubbles.

Yaman sat next to her on the bed, still supporting the baby.

"She looks like you," he whispered.

Emotions clogged her throat and the happiness she felt couldn't be put to words. Seher's gaze swept over the babies and Yusuf and then flashed up to Yaman. His eyes were softer than she'd ever seen.

There was a sound of a click and they all looked up as Neslihan put down the camera. Next to her, Adalet had tears in her eyes.

"I'm sorry," Neslihan said, sheepishly. "It was a too perfect shot not to take."

Perfect. That word described what Seher felt at the moment. Despite the pain coursing through her body and the dry, cotton- like feeling in her eyes and mouth, this moment right here, with her babies in her arms and Yaman and Yusuf on either side of her, was the most perfect moment in her life.

************************************

Two days later, Seher was allowed to go home.

Yaman drove the car, while Seher kept the babies securely bundled in her arms. They were peacefully asleep, sated with milk, tiny rosebud mouths half open. The guards opened the gate and Yaman took the turn carefully. It had taken them a significant amount of time to return from the hospital. He caught Yusuf waiting at the door, before running back inside.

He stopped the car and looked at them.

The babies looked so alike, he could only distinguish them by the faint difference in their hair colour and the green headband on Yildiz's head.

"Do you know what I see, when I look at them?" He asked, softly brushing his knuckles over the boy's chest.

"What?" Seher asked. She was still a bit pale, but the pained look in her eyes had been replaced by warmth.

"You and Yusuf," he said.

Her gaze flew up to him in surprise.

"How? They don't resemble us that much. At least, not yet."

"I mean, they're just as much precious to me as you and Yusuf are. They will have everything we didn't have, in our childhoods."

"Everything," Seher nodded, smiling.

"Now, give them to me. Then I'll help you out of the vehicle," he said.

She leaned back. "No, I'll carry them."

"Seher," he said, patiently. "You aren't supposed to strain yourself. The doctors said so. You should be careful."

"At least let me carry one," she said. "They don't weigh much. I promise, I'll be careful."

"Fine then."

Yaman got out of the vehicle and opened the passenger seat door. Then he took one baby from Seher's arm and helped her down. The front door opened and Çenger came out with hurried steps to take their stuff.