The Sound of Thunder

It is a dark and stormy night, the rain pours like a waterfall gushing down a river. The wind howls like a banshee screaming. I can barely make out the burning candlelight from the incessant downpour. I sit down at my writing desk, my long hair falls over my shoulders. Scratching the paper with my pen, a knock at the door alerts me to stand up.

"Oh, it's you again!"

"It's me again!"

"Why are you always interrupting me?"

"Because I know you like me interrupting you."

"My fingers are dirty with ink, so I won't be doing anything tonight."

"Not if you go down on your knees."

I turned around and put my hands on the chair that I was sitting on. I wrap myself in my shawl. "Now don't try anything, I can feel you grabbing my waist. There goes my writing..."

"You know you can't resist me."

"Oh really?"

He spins me around to face him. To my suspecting lips, his warm lips press against mine. I slide my shawl down my shoulders and back, revealing my nightgown. His strong arms slowly caress my back, leaving me breathless. After my lips were swollen from the kiss he decides to kiss my neck and collarbone, leading down to my chest. "Why do I let you do this to me...?"

"Because you like it. And you know how I feel about you," we stumble around until we finally reach the bed.

The candlelight burns out, leaving us in the sound of thunder.