Lucy and Daniela: 7

The next day at school Daniela met up with Lucy. She told Lucy all about what happened with her and Alex and how she got lucky dodging Amanda. Lucy was happy for her but she seemed distracted. Finally Daniela asked her what was wrong.

"I was hoping you could talk to Josh today," Lucy whispered blushing slightly. Daniela laughed her sweet laugh and nodded, and she was about to speak when Lucy started being her usual self.

"I don't mean just go talk to him, I mean talk to him about me. But not just about me, like 'Lucy's favourite colour is Amaranth,' or that 'I once hung her by her underwear on the flagpole.' I mean like tell him how...cool I am. And not like, I have a lower body temperature, but just like-"

"Lucy relax," Daniela said putting her hand on her arm. "Geez nerd. I got this. Relax, ok?"

"Uhh...ok? I trust you." This caught Daniela by surprise, it shouldn't have, but she never had anyone tell them that she trusted her. Years later when Lucy and Daniela would bump into each other, due to an incident involving wedgies, after not having seen one another for a long time they would talk about their favourite part of high school. Daniela didn't hesitate when she said that meeting Lucy was the best part and finding that someone trusted her. But that was years later, now Daniela only stood still in the hall trying to understand what it meant to have someone trust you. And more importantly, what it meant when you didn't want to betray that trust.

"Uhh ok...Um...I'll um...go talk...to him. Now." Daniela stuttered. Slowly turning around before walking unsteadily away looking for Josh.

She found him a bit later with a few of his friends. They were talking and laughing away. When Daniela got close the guys stopped talking.

They all turned and just watched as Daniela walked toward them. One of the guys punched Josh in the shoulder and Josh punched him back. Daniela walked up in front of the guys who weren't at all subtle about where they were looking.

"Hey Josh," Daniela said. None of Josh's friends said anything but one of them punched Josh in the arm after a couple seconds and he blinked and looked up into Daniela's eyes.

"Oh, hey Daniela," he said.

"I got a friend who wants to meet you."

Josh again didn't say anything. It took him a second, as if he needed time to register what she had just said.

"Oh, a friend. Is she hot?" He said and then he blinked again, and tried to correct himself, as if he forgot that such questions could be considered rude by some.

"Oh, I mean, sorry, like, who is this friend?"

"Her name is Lucy. And I would say she is pretty hot actually. Since you asked." Daniela said.

The guys started turning and looking at each other and started punching each other in the shoulders

"I'd like to meet your friend," Josh said, after all the punching and turning had ended.

"Cool," Daniela said, "She really wants to meet you, and I dent think I need to tell you what will happen if you're not nice to her."

"Oh, what?' Josh said, "What will you do?"

Daniela was smiling, now she laughed and a few of the boys laughed too. Josh laughed but it was forced. He was a little scared.
"Just cause you're a big jock doesn't mean I couldn't give you a wedgie. And Josh, trust me, you don't want me to give you a wedgie" A few of the guys who knew from firsthand experience that that was true all nodded their heads in agreement. Daniela grinned.

"I'll let her know you want to meet. Just talk to her for a bit, get to know her, all that stuff."
"Oh, ok," Josh said.

Daniela turned quickly and walked away. She could feel the guys eyes on her butt long after she left them in the hall.
--
Lucy waited after school for Josh by the front doors of the school. She looked around for him and she blushed and lowered her head when he came out of the doors.