Chapter 3

Allys POV:

Next day came faster than I wished for and the morning started just like yesterday. Me waking up because of my alarm, wanting to sleep at least five more minutes, my uncle shouting me out of bed, and being his usual groggy-morning-self.

After I brushed my hair and teeth, and freshened up a bit again, I went downstairs, where my uncle was already drinking his coffee. I made myself a note, to look afterwards if there is any spot, that I should clean up. Don't want to repeat last evening.

My uncle went out and I cleaned up the kitchen as good as possible. I hope it's good enough for him.

I looked over to the clock hanging on the wall and saw that again it was barely 6:30am. Guess my routine for this year will be, to be extra early in school. That's why I packed my stuff and started my way to the busstop again.

When I arrived there, it didn't take long until the bus came too and right before I took my usual seat in the front, I saw another person on the bus. I think his name was Dez  and I also assume, that he is the Dez, Trish talked about yesterday. Poor guy.

I made it my goal to try becoming his friend because if I can do that, then having a friendship in general shouldn't be too hard, right?

As we arrive at school, Dez and I leave the bus and I try to catch up with him. "Hey, wait up!",  I call after him. He halts and turns back around to me. "Dez right? I'm-"

"Ally Dawson, I know. You're like the biggest freak at school. Even above me. That's crazy. Ha. Wait... why are you talking to me again?" He made a lot of wild hand-gestures while he was talking, but now he is just staring at me. Now I remember why I was always so terrified to make new friends. That's some crazy shit.

I start fidgeting again, but try to form an answer. "Uh...uhm, just Trish told me, that you wanted to be friends with her an-"

"She changed her mind?! I knew she would come around eventually. Nobody can resist Dezzy." He looks dreamingly in the sky and I'm really rethinking my life-decisions right now.

"Actually... she thinks you're weird and you kinda freaked her out. I'm sorry. But that's what I'm here for. I don't think your weird and I wanted to be you friend." The part about me not thinking that he is weird may be a little lied, but who cares. I need a friend, he needs a friend. We're perfect for each other. For now, I guess.

He thinks about it, but to be honest it doesn't look good. "I'm sorry, Ally, but I don't think we'll work. We're just too different. You are so... weird and I'm... well dezzy-licious. So sorry."

And just like that he walks away. Not even the weird kid wants to be my friend. What is wrong with me?

I enter the school and first I thought I'd go in the library again, but then I thought otherwise and went to the musicroom. I love to make music and sing, but unfortunately I developed stage fright and I always freak out only thinking about performing in front of people.

I sit at the piano and play some chords, when I heard the door open. I looked over to it and saw nobody less than Austin Moon. He was visibly shocked, that I was here, but he changed his expression quickly.

"What are you nerd doing in the musicroom? Do you even know how to play any of those instruments? I bet not."

I give him a disbelieving look and roll my eyes before playing a really difficult and fast song on the piano. "And piano isn't the only instrument I can play, smart-ass. What about you, though. Never saw you here before and I came here a lot last year."

He scoffs and leans on the door frame. "You never saw me because... I never came here obviously. I didn't intent to come here right now actually. I wanted to go to... the library, but I got lost." I noticed his hesitation and that made me get kinda suspicious.