𝟎𝟖: 𝐏𝐮𝐝𝐝𝐢𝐟𝐨𝐨𝐭'𝐬 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐏𝐞𝐬𝐤𝐲 𝐖𝐚𝐢𝐭𝐫𝐞𝐬𝐬𝐞𝐬

Beginne am Anfang

"Announce it to the whole castle, why don't ya, Summer." Jack smiled endearingly, swinging an arm over her shoulder.

"I would, he's pretty fit, " said Avery which made him receive skeptical looks from his friends. "What! I might not like him but I can't deny he's proper good-looking."

"Alright, alright!" Evanna said putting her hands up. "I should get going."

Her friends told her good luck as she climbed out of the portrait hole.

Surprisingly, a few feet away stood Amos Diggory leaning against the wall. He turned his head when the portrait opened and grinned when he saw Evie.

"Hey, gorgeous," he walked over to her and they shared a quick hug. Evie noticed that his hugs felt a little bit different than James's did...but she shook it off and continued to look at the boy in front of her. "You look great!"

She blushed and said, "Thanks, you too!"

His face lit up and as he reached for his wand he exclaimed, "Oh! I almost forgot!"

With an elegant flick of his wrist, he muttered, "Orchideous." And a lovely bouquet of her favorite flowers appeared in his hands. "Flowers for the pretty lady." Followed by an earth-shattering smile.

"Oh! Thank you so much! You really didn't need to."

"Of course I did! It is our first date after all." He held out his elbow and she took it in hers as they headed down the staircase to exit the castle.

* * * *

"We shouldn't be doing this. It's wrong." Jack said as she followed Summer and Avery into Hogsmeade.

"Oh hush, Jack." Summer said, grabbing his hand, as they weaved through the different students coming in and out of shops. "It'll be okay, she'll never see us."

"But what if she does!" he pushed.

"Jack," Avery said turning his head toward him. "It'll be fine. Don't stress. Even if she does see us we'll just say we decided to come to the village today."

"Well I just don't understand why we have to spy on her," Jack continued. "I mean, c'mon guys, she's on a date after all."

"Exactly!" Avery and Summer said at the same time.

"And besides, we need to get the coffee," Avery said so casually that his two friends almost missed it. Almost.

Both Summer and Jack stopped and looked at him, both very confused.

"The what ?" Jack asked.

Avery shrugged and said, "The coffee."

"Okay, saying it twice still doesn't explain what it means, Aves." Summer said.

"I mean we need to see what happens to Evie. You know. The coffee...?" Avery said looking not so confident now.

Jack pinched the bridge of his nose and spoke slowly. "Hold on, Avery. Do you mean, we need to get the tea?"

"Yes!" he exclaimed. "I thought that was obvious."

"You said 'coffee', Aves." Summer said trying to hold back giggles.

"Well, yes, I thought the thing was you just called juicy gossip different hot beverages."

At that Summer lost it and let out a hard wheeze. Jack joined in while cackling.

"Is it not?!" Avery exclaimed flushing out of embarrassment.

"No!" Summer said between laughs. "It's literally just tea!"