˗ˏˋ ♡ ˎˊ˗

"Marinette, that was a little harsh," Alya said to the girl.

"Yeah. Felix was literally crying," Chloe added.

This was news to Marinette. "Felix? Crying? Puh-leeze, there's not one part of Felix that involves crying,"

Chloe shrugged, "Well, he was. That's all Adrien told me. He's back by the way,"

Alya braced herself for Marinette's jump of joy, but she stayed motionless.

"Woah? What happened to 'OMG, Adrien! I have to go get my lucky socks! Aaaah!" Alya asked, imitating her high-pitched voice.

"You think I'd want to see Adrien after all this?" she snapped.

Chloe backed away from the bluenette. "Sheesh, no need to yell at us,"

"Yeah, why are you so upset? Didn't you get what you wanted? Felix and Adrien are out of your life," Alya pointed out.

Marinette glared at them, "Maybe because you're assuming I want to see Adrien. Are you guys stupid? Why would I want to see him?"

Chloe bit her lip, "To talk it out?"

"Marinette! You can't call us stupid! We're your friends!" Alya said.

"Really? Now you're going to try and boss me around?" she shouted.

Alya moved away from Marinette and closer to Chloe.

"We're not bossing you around. You're just going crazy," Chloe muttered.

Marinette whipped her head around to glare at her, "You think I'm going crazy. Crazy is trying to make friends with you in the first place! You're just a stupid mayor's daughter and you'll never be anything but that!"

"If that's true, then you'll never be anything more than an utterly ridiculous baker's daughter!" she retorted, voice shaking.

"No, I'll design! While you're picking gum off the table, I'll be designing for your mother, because unlike you, she actually likes me,"

"Marinette, that's taking it too far," Alya warned.

"Is it?" she snarled, "Is it really? Then you're taking it too far, all of your—"

"Come on Chloe, let's go," Alya said quietly. She saw that the blonde was on the verge of tears.

"Yeah go ahead. Leave you selfish—"

They didn't get to hear what she said next, because they'd shut the door.

Chloe tiptoed downstairs, trying to make sure Tom and Sabine didn't hear her. Sabine came out of the living room and saw her face.

"Chloe! What happened to you?" she exclaimed.

"Mari—" Chloe started.

"Marinette mentioned a sensitive subject, they're both a bit sore over it right now," Alya cut in.

Sabine put her hand on Chloe's shoulder, "I'll talk to her about it, would you girls like some pastries before you go?"

"Always," Chloe said. She lived for Sabine's pastries. The flaky croissants, the sticky-sweet cinnamon buns, everything.

Sabine smiled kindly and handed both Chloe and Alya a box of pastries each.The two girls thanked Sabine and left the bakery.

As soon as they were a block away, Alya sighed. "I can't believe she did that!"

Chloe nodded, still not saying anything.

"Especially that comment about you! Ugh, I can't believe her!" she seethed, "Just because that dumb Felix made her upset, doesn't mean she has to take it out on us!"

Chloe didn't respond with her usual nod, she just lowered her head.

"Like who does she think she is? Right Chloe?"

"Chloe?"

Alya stopped walking, but her friend continued.

"Chloe! Are you okay?" she called.

"I'm fine! I'm just going to lie down!"

"By lie down, you mean call Luka for an hour right?" she teased.

She blushed, but still looked sad, "No, obviously not! Have fun with Nino," she said with a fake laugh.

Alya grinned, "Touché,"

rip their friendship ig

NOOO I'M JUST KIDDING, but u never know, their friendship could be doomed. >:)