Melinda woke up abruptly to the sound of light banging on her door

Melinda woke up abruptly to the sound of light banging on her door. She turned to look at her clock to see it being 8:30. She got up and walked to the door, and she felt something telling her to open the door. She slowly unlocked her door and opened it to see Jack there. "Mom?" Jack called and Melinda looked around before looking back down at him. Melinda looked at him with concern, "What are you doing here?" He messed with his shirt shyly and looked at her, "I wanted to see you and maybe sleep next to you?" Melinda felt honored that he came to her instead of his own dad, and opened the door wider for him to come in. He smiled and ran into her room towards her bed. She smiled and then closed the door and locked it. She walked back to her bed and laid down next to him before looking at him. He looked at her with a curious look on his face, "Why were you upset?" Melinda sighed and leaned onto her hand to look down at him. He laid his head on his arms to listen to her. "Something happened on the mission we were on, and it made me want to come home and go to my room." Melinda tells him making him look at her with concern, "What happened?" She sighed, "Let's just say, I don't think daddy and I are together anymore." Jack's eyes widened and tears began to well up in his eyes making her frown. She wiped the tears from his face and kissed his head. "Does that mean, you won't want to see me anymore?" Jack asks sad making her hastily shook her head, "No! I will always want to see you!" Melinda cupped his cheek, "It's just that daddy and I need a break from one another right now. You should ask your dad what happened in the morning." Jack nodded and laid his head down on her pillow before curling into her. She smiled and kissed his head again before going to sleep herself.

Two Teams in One

It was morning and Aaron woke up to not having Jack next to him which is usual for them. Jack would go to bed in the little bed next to his and then come to his. He got up and began searching for him around the base. Phil walked by and saw him looking and walked towards him, "Everything alright?" Aaron shook his head with worry, "I can't find Jack." Phil placed his hands up to assure him, "He's probably with Henry, playing. Come on!" He leads Aaron to the center of the base to see everyone hanging out, except couldn't find Jack. They walked over to everyone to ask where the little boy was. "Anyone seen Jack?" Aaron asks making JJ shake her head confused, "No. I thought he was with you." Yoyo looked at everyone with curiosity, "Where could he be?" Daisy cleared her throat grabbing everyone's attention and making them all look at her. She gestured her head towards Melinda's room making Aaron's eyes widen. Daisy noticed his expression and began to explain, "I check the camera's to make sure everything is ok, and then saw Jack go to May's door and she let him in." Bobbi looked at Aaron confused, "Why would he go there?" David explains, "Maybe because she's like a mother figure to him so he feels like he needs some mother time, no matter if the two aren't talking." Penelope cups her face with an awe expression, "I think it's cute." Jemma smiled as she agreed, "I think so too." Aaron looked at Phil with worry and concern, "Do you think she told him what happened?" The sound of a door opening and closing was heard throughout the room. They heard giggling and knew Jack was coming. What they didn't expect was Melinda to be following right behind him. Jack ran to Aaron making Melinda stay where she was, not wanting to ruin the moment. Daisy walked over to her and grabbed her hand in comfort. Aaron chuckled and hugged Jack to him but looked at Melinda. She looked back at him before looking at Daisy when she asked her a question, "You alright?" Melinda nodded at her before walking away to the kitchen. Aaron followed her to fix the whole thing that he caused. She was making herself breakfast when he walked in. They didn't say anything at all, as it was just silence as she made toast. "Melinda." Aaron says grabbing her attention and she responded without looking at him, "What?" He sighed when he heard the tone she had, "We need to talk about this." Melinda but the butter knife down and turned to him. He knew he was in for it by her expression itself. "Talk about what? How you kissed a suspect who was engaged with someone else? Yeah, let's talk. You could've done this a different way! You knew you are in a relationship and you knew she was in a relationship as well! You messed this all up! Don't be surprised if Jack asks you what happened." Melinda rants before she took her toast and walking out of the kitchen. Aaron ran after her and they were in the same room as everyone else was. Henry and Jack were playing somewhere else while they walked in. "You didn't tell Jack what happened?" Aaron asks as she scoffed and shook her head, "What was I going to tell him? That his father kissed another woman in front of me!?" Aaron grabbed her hand, "Look, I am sorry that happened. I don't know what happened to me but I didn't mean to do that." The team was watching the whole thing go down as they fought. They could see that Melinda was heartbroken at what happened and that Aaron was sorry for what he did. She pulled her hand out of his grasp, "You must've did, seeing as you answered her answer. You said fine when she asked you to kiss her so you can get answers from her. I know, because I was there! Was it because I was denying you kisses throughout the day before that? Because that was all a joke me and Daisy planned. She did the same thing to Morgan!" He denied what she asked, "No! It wasn't because of that!" Melinda was so angry that she yelled at him with anger, "Then why did you do that?! Why did you kiss her?!" Aaron looked at her with a soft look on his face as he began to think about how to answer, but couldn't come up with an explanation. Melinda scoffed and walked away from everyone and went to her room again. He sighed and brought his head to his hands for a moment realizing his mistakes. Everyone winced when they heard the door slam against the wall. Aaron walked away to his room to deal with all his emotions, as everyone had looks of sorrow about what just happened. "I can't believe all this happened. What is going to happen after all this?" Penelope asks and David shook his head with a shrug, "No clue, but we can't change anything about this." Phil sighed, "We just have to wait until everything is over with."