𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐒𝐈𝐗

Start from the beginning

"Dad-" (Y/n) intruded.

"Look, we helped him get out of the house, I don't know what else we can do." Her father explained, a saddened expression murdering the smile that previously thrived across his daughter's face.

Sonic sighed. "Okay, goodbye."

He slid from (Y/n)'s lap, the gentle touch of his fluffy body against her fingers slithering away. She could see as clear as day the disappointment glistening in his emerald gaze that wouldn't break the connection to her own.

"Goodbye." Tom said once more, praying that the little hedgehog would now run for the mounds of marshland and never return.

Sonic's battered old shoes met the soggy grassland, his fingers finally slipping away from the interior of the car completely. He remained stood beside the open vehicle door, a weak smile from (Y/n) filled with acceptance keeping his gaze fixated on her.

He could feel his heartbeat increasing once again, now pounding in his fluffy ears with a sound similar to the drumming of his feet when running at his super speed.

Ugh, why does this keep happening!?

Just be cool...

"Why aren't you leaving?" Tom questioned with frustration.

Sonic snapped out of his thoughts, the heat rising to his fluffy cheeks burning out like a flame sprinkling the blush to his adorable face.

His full attention returned to the current situation, feeling the immediate need to voice something very important to his distressed human companion.

"I don't know where San Francisco is." Sonic honestly admitted.

"It's West." (Y/n) replied helpfully.

"West?" Sonic repeated with a little uncertainty.

"Straight shot, can't miss it." Tom added.

"Fine. That's cool. I'm totally cool saying goodbye now." Sonic smirked, definitely keeping his cool.

He zipped into the distance with nothing more than a streak of blue being left behind. The grasses poking out from the muddy ground became brushed to the side in response to the breeze Sonic's super speed had blown into the air. The sound of his feet pounding against the marshland faded into silence as he disappeared to the west.

(Y/n) sighed, hands not knowing what to do as there was no longer a fuzzy alien creature to comfort within the vehicle. Tom chuckled in amazement, hands returning to ten and two on the wheel and his foot prepared to force the truck back onto the road.

However, the pummeling into the soggy soil returned moments later. A stroke of blue appeared from the mounds in the distance before Sonic became visible once again.

Abruptly, Sonic came to a stop as he reached the car door that remained wide open. A beaming grin crawled across (Y/n)'s face once the little blue fellow was back beside her.

Tom observed in confusion. Sonic was soaked; droplets of water slipping down his quills and drenching his fur. Strands of seaweed were wrapped around his spikes, with a cod fish on his head that sparkled in the sunlight as it reflected against the sea water painted across its silver scales.

"So, as I crashed into the cold, dark water of the Pacific, I realized a few things." Sonic began, catching Tom's attention like a fisherman scooping fish from the sea.

"A, I have no idea where I'm going; B, salt water stings; C, I shouldn't even be on this planet right now, but I am. Why? Because you shot me!" Sonic explained, reminding his frustrated human acquaintance the reason he'd ended up in this mess.