𝐅𝐞𝐞𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐚 𝐥𝐢𝐭𝐭𝐥𝐞 𝐰𝐨𝐫𝐬𝐞 -☾

Start from the beginning

"Bye mom!" you shut the car door and scurry off to the spot where you and Ainsley usually meet up in the morning.

"Hey Ains! Guess what!" You ask her excitedly 

"Your mom is gonna take me to the mall or something, I already know, my mom told me." She responds flatly.

"Are you excited? My mom usually never takes the day off!" You smile, bouncing on the tips of your feet.

"Yeah, sure. Lets go, fifth period is gonna start in like, 20 minutes." She turns away and walks a different direction

A shiver runs down your spine.

𝐋𝐮𝐳 𝐰𝐨𝐮𝐥𝐝 𝐛𝐞 𝐞𝐱𝐜𝐢𝐭𝐞𝐝 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐦𝐞.

What? What are you thinking? Sure, Luz is nice, but she isn't here! and you haven't known her as long as Ainsley! you barley know Luz! Why are you comparing the two! That's a terrible thing to do! 

You sigh and follow Ainsley.

That strange feeling follows as well.

You get so worried. What if this whole shopping experience doesn't help Ainsley at all? You know she doesn't like being in large crowds..

You knew this!

Why didn't you try and intervene when your mom offered!?

You wanted this to happen didn't you.

why do you always hurt the person you care about most! is there something wrong with you?!

You feel something touch your right cheek, The cap of a pen poking you.

You turn and face a girl. She's one year older than you, a sophomore who sits next to you in 7th period.

You couldn't remember her name, you didn't really bother learning anyone's names besides the teachers..

"Are you okay? You've been spacing out for quite a while." She asks, concern lacing her voice

You are quick to put on a smile
"Oh, yes! Sorry!" You try to shut down the conversation and go back to your work.

"Is it about that girl you always hang out with? Is she your sister or something?" She presses.

"No, she's just a friend." You respond curtly.

She ends the conversation there and goes back to her work. So do you.

Finally the end of the school day!
You were able to subside your worrying, you would just try extra hard to make this an enjoyable experience for Ainsley! She deserves it after all.

You and Ainsley sat at a nearby bench waiting for your mom to arrive.

When she did, you were ecstatic! Without thinking, you grabbed Ainsley's wrist and lightly dragged her towards the car.

Your mom gave you two an enthusiastic wave.

"Ow!" Ainsley cries as soon as you reach your mothers car.

"Are you okay?" You turn around and ask her, removing your hand from her wrist.

"Y/n! You gripped me so hard! My wrist is gonna bruise now!" She scoffs