~ Chapter 1 ~

During the early 1800s in the town of London, England the elite prepare for the final judgement which will decide their future. The judgement of the queen. Every season the queen harshly inspects the new prospects to decide who will be the season's diamond.
The young girls train for this day for years. Alyse Hestwood and Daphne Bridgerton have been friends for years. They attended training only the wealthiest attend. Due to an entanglement with the eldest Bridgerton son Alyse was sent away to continue training in Copenhagen, Denmark along with the prince and princess of Denmark. Since her season to come out was approaching she was sent back home to London to see if she will continue to be the disappointment her family believes her to be.

"Please stop the carriage!" Alyse shouted as she hit the front board of the carriage.
"I can not do that, orders from your father, the Count himself to take you straight to the manor", said the carriage driver.
"Do it or I swear I will jump from this carriage under your supervision. Now how would my father, the Count himself feel about you being responsible for his eldest daughter's death?" Alyse said mockingly. Reluctantly the carriage driver pulled to the side of the street so Alyse could get out. Before he even had the chance to open the door for her Alyse flung open the door and ran out. Her dark chestnut hair was whipping around her face and her pale blue dress flowing behind her as she ran to meet her old companion. She was the picture of pure beauty.
"Is that- no it can not be she was not supposed to return yet" said Anthony.
" You are wrong it is her, it's Alyse", Daphne said happily. Daphne had not seen her best friend in years and missed her terribly. As Alyse reached her dearest friend the two collided and fell to the ground hugging in a bundle.
" Oh how I missed you Daph" Alyse said into Daphne's ear lovingly.
"Alyse you have no idea how dull London is without you" Daphne said through laughter.
"Ahem" Anthony cleared his throat to catch the attention of the two sitting on the ground. They both quickly stood up dusting off their gowns and fixing their posture. The proper façade lasted only a few minutes till the girls started to bend over due to laughter. Anthony looked insulted by the lack of disrespect.
"Looks like even sending you away could not fix your irreverent behavior" said Anthony " I guess some people can never mature".
" Yes of course Sir Anthony, I must apologize for my foolish behavior, how did I manage to go without you for so long while in Denmark." There was a playful twinkle in her deep green eyes as she clearly made fun of the young viscount.
" Some things never change including your terrible behavior, I doubt you will be able to find a husband this season or any at all. If you do it will only be for your looks." Anthony said harshly as he looked her up and down remembering all they have done. Alyse knew exactly what he was meaning. He meant she was an easy whore. He had no respect for the girl whatsoever. She was hurt by his word but she would never admit it.

Past:
While at Lady Danbury's pre season ball Anthony caught sight of the young Alyse.
"Who is she?" Anthony said to Simon with a look of lust. Simon chuckled "My sister you rake"
"I do not remembering you having a sister and if she looked like that I would have remembered" Anthony responded.
"No, no my friend, she is not my biological sister but my chosen one. I have known her for years, and I know that look I am going to tell you stay far away from her. I have seen how you treat women and I love her to much to let you ruin her.She also is the Count Hestwood's daughter so even if you do not listen to me there will be a prose to pay for anyone who hurts her." said Simon loosing his joking tone. Anthony did not respond but merely nodded. There was something about the girl which made Anthony feel a sort of feeling he has not felt in a long time. A feeling of almost being free from his responsibilities from the pressures of being a viscount of one of the most respected families in all of London.
Anthony swore to himself he would decide for himself if he wanted to ruin her or not. After looking at the young girl again he decided he would not just ruin her but absolutely demolish her so she would be far beyond repair.

Present:
Daphne grabbed Alyes's arm and pulled her away from Anthony.
"I am so sorry about him. I am not sure what transpired between you two but I know he is not over it. Do not take it personally." Daphne said reassuringly.
Even though Daphne was one of the only people Alyse has ever trusted she could not bring herself to tell Daphne what happened. Only one person knows what happened from her perspective was Simon. She had been hurt enough. Her heart torn from her chest and destroyed in front of her. By the one and only, Anthony Bridgerton.
" All I can tell you Daph, is that he ruined me. Not in the public eye and not socially but i will never be the same after what happened."

AN:
Thank you sm for anyone who decided to read this :)
I hope you enjoyed the first chapter the second will be released soon. Let me know if there is anything you would like to see or anything I need to fix.
————————————————————————
Also sorry for any grammatical errors.
word count: 977