I can't contain my laughter, but he composes himself pretty fast. "As if I would want that either, pfff. Your no fun at any time, loser."

That cuts my laughter off. I grab my backpack from the floor, where it has fallen, when we bumped into each other, and storm off in the direction of my classroom. I hear a loud chuckle behind me and I simply roll my eyes and continue my way.

He is such a jerk. How can anyone put up with him. Ugh.

When I arrive at the classroom, I knock three times at the door and then open it. My math teacher just smiles at me and waves me off.

Even though I hate the subject, our teacher is pretty chill. I take my seat, almost at the front, but I hear snickering from the back of the class and when I turn around I see the other members of the popular group. They keep looking in my direction and continue laughing.

Then the classroom door opens again and Austin walks in. He winks at me with that smirk and when he is with the group, he makes a handshake with two of them.

I turn back to the teacher, to pay attention to the class. I really need to get a better grade in the future.

When the schoolbell rings, I let out a deep sigh and pack my stuff as fast as possible. I run out into the hallways to get as fast as possible to Trish, before all the traffic starts again.

When I reach her classroom she comes out of it just in that moment. "Hey Trish, so how was your first full day? Made any other new friends?"

"Well, that weird Dez-kid I got paired up with wants to be my friend, but he is too weird for Trish de la Rosa. Kinda scares me, that freak." She gives me a slightly disgusted look and I start laughing loudly. Maybe, just maybe a little too loud.

Now she gives me a weird look and I try to compose myself. "Anyways, wanna go to some café or something? Hang a bit?"

"Actually, Austin and R4 asked me if I wanted to hang with them and I already agreed. Sorry. Also you need to step it down a bit. You will never make friends like this.", she says while pointing to all of me.

I only nod and turn back around to the main entrance. Austin was right. She doesn't want to be my friend. How can I be so delusional sometimes.

On my way to the busstop, I see Austin and his friends hanging at their car. Possibly waiting for Trish. Austin notices me and gives me that damn smirk again.

I plug my earphones into my phone and start some music. It's probably all better this way. They can give her friendship. I can't. They can meet up with her and have fun with her. I can't. They also fit better with each others personalitys. Trish and I didn't click, like they did.

Sad truth: this all is mostly because of my uncle. When I lived with my parents, I had a lot of friends. Well, maybe not a lot, but a few. This was a few years ago. Now I don't know anymore, how friendships even work.

When I arrive at home, I close the door behind me and lean against it and take some deep breaths.

First day of school finished and it went like this. Wow. This will be a long year.

I went up to my room, changed into something more comfortable and sat myself at my desk to study some more. After some time though, I decided to take a nap and that's exactly what I did.

I woke up startled, when I heard the front door got slammed shut. I guess my uncle is back home. Yaaay. Note the sarcasm.

He doesn't seem to be in a good mood and that leaves me anxiously fidgeting in my room. I don't want him to hit me again. But if he wants to, then I can't do anything about. Everything else will end worse.

"AWY EDGAR DAWSHON! COME DOWNSHTAIRS NOW!", he scream-slurs. I exhale a deep breath and make my way downstairs on wobbly legs.

"I'm here, uncle. What is it?" I try to be as self-confident as possible, but I know that it won't save me from the blow.

"Why ishn't the kitchen made? You were earlier home than me."

I look around, trying to find what he meant because to me the kitchen seemed pretty clean. "Uh, I'm sorry, uncle. I don't know what you mean. The kitchen is clean, isn't it."

"NO!", he shouts and bangs his fist on the counter. "Look at this spot. It's from todays morning. From my coffee, that I had. Why didn't you clean that up?!", he asks me with a drunk but very serious expression on his face.

My stomach turns. "I-I'm sorry, I-I didn't see that. I'll clean that up right now."

"NO!", he screams again. "You should've done this earlier. Now it's an unfinished task that I have to do and you will be punished for that!" He hits me in the stomach and I double over holding onto the counter.

I start feeling the tears in my eyes but I tried to hold them back. He kicks me in the back of my knees, therefore I fall to the floor.

I pull my knees to my stomach, to make me as small as possible, but that didn't do anything because he kept kicking my shins.

Silently I let my tears fall and tried to hold back my sobs.

After a while, I noticed, that he wasn't kicking me anymore. In fact, he wasn't in the same room anymore. I pulled myself together and stood up.

My uncle was sitting in the living room. "So sorry, darling. Won't happen again.", he said with the least emotion possible. I roll my eyes without him seeing it.

That became routine after a while. Him beating me up, then leaving me alone and then half-heartedly apologizing. I got used to it.

I went up to my room to look over the bruises and take care of them. I put some healing and calming cream on and then I decided to go back to bed and see what awaits the next day.

Already dreading it.

****

definitely a shorter chapter than the first one, but I think the end was fitting. Btw I (luckily) havent had this kind of abusive relationship, so its probably not as accurate as irl. But I guess thats for the better. I dont wish anyone, something like this and if you are in such a situation, please get help somewhere.

Hope you like the chapter nevertheless and please leave some feedback. Thank you<3