16. Come with me...

Zhan couldn't hide his shock and his brows touched his hairline at his friend's words. "Was? What happened, Jiyang?", Zhan urged his friend to answer and Jiyang blinked his tears away. "My Xuan didn't have a normal childhood. His parents didn't have a harmonious relationship and were abusive. Yibo's father saw it and decided to bring him here. His childhood shaped him to be the man he is today and he thinks he will never be a good father. He doesn't want children, Zhan. He had told me about this a long time ago and I accepted it. I was content. All I want is him. I never felt sad or angry because of this. I have Xuan with me and it is enough. But, five months ago, I wasn't careful and I got pregnant. I didn't say anything to Xuan and terminated the pregnancy." A low gasp left Zhan and Jiyang gave him a bitter smile. "You must think how cruel I am for killing my own child. I won't lie, I did think of having children once but, I would never force that responsibility on Xuan out of my own selfishness. I respect my mate's wishes." "I am not judging you for what you did, A-Yang. Raising a child is a big responsibility and both you and Xuan need to be ready for that. Your decision was right. It's just that I have no idea why Xuan thinks he wouldn't be a good father. He is amazing with Yuan." At his words a smile came on Jiyang's lips. "He is. I know my Xuan will be a great father and I am ready to wait if he ever decides to be one. But, if that day doesn't come, I won't have any regrets." Zhan nodded at the words and asked Jiyang what happened next. "Xuan found out about the pregnancy and that I aborted our child." "Was he angry?", Zhan asked softly and Jiyang nodded his head. "That stupid man kept blaming himself. Said that if he wasn't so broken he could have given me this and I wouldn't have had to kill my own child. He feels guilty for what I did. He thinks I regret it." "Do you?" Jiyang's eyes met his and Zhan saw pain in his friend's eyes. "I wish I didn't have to do it but I don't regret it. I want my children to be raised in a happy, warm home. I don't want them to grow up thinking that their father never wanted them. That would be too cruel of me." "Is Xuan okay now?", Zhan questioned and Jiyang shook his head miserably. "No. He thinks I want children and like always he wants to give me what I want. He isn't okay with it, Zhan. I caught him crying one night in the shower, banging his head on the wall saying he is damaged. He doesn't want to be his father. Still, he says he will learn how to be better. He even suggested that he will never get near our children to keep them safe and happy. He is ready to do whatever it takes and give me what he thinks I want. I tried to tell him that it was fine but he thinks I will leave him so, he is trying to get me pregnant again." A surprised look came on Zhan's face at that and Jiyang gave him a small smile.

"Sometimes I worry that he loves me too much. He is the one always making the sacrifices. Every small decision he takes, he takes them keeping me in mind. How can I be selfish, Zhan? I know he is not ready to be a father. I don't want to force him. We have been fighting nonstop over this. He refuses to use protection and I refuse to let him touch me without it." Even when he tried not to, a small chuckle escaped Zhan and soon Jiyang joined him. "Everyone was thinking you guys had a major fight and things were rocky. Turns out, Xuan is just trying to knock you up. Now that I know what's happening, I will let you guys deal with it on your own. This is something between you two and the others don't need to be a part of it." "I didn't mean to make you guys worry, Zhan", said the Omega with a gloomy face. "To be honest, I thought others would question my decision and blame me. He reacted so badly when he found out, the others will react worse. He will feel pressured and I want Xuan to be the one to decide if he wants to be a father." Zhan nodded at the words and told Jiyang he will tell the others to not worry anymore. "Thanks, Zhan. Once Xuan comes home I will speak to him properly." "Okay." The two friends kept talking and Jiyang texted Xuan when he was going to come back. The head enforcer had gone to bring Yuan back from school and said that he would be back soon. "Did Yibo go to search for Han Yi?", Jiyang asked and Zhan nodded. "Yibo has decided to join the search. Han Yi and Han Shuo are both dangerous. The other Alphas have joined them too." "I hope they find him." Just then Zhan's phone rang and Zhan answered the call. "Is this Wang Yuan's father?", came the unknown voice and Zhan confirmed the question with a yes. "Yes, this is Xiao Zhan. Is everything ok?" "Sir, Yuan has been complaining of a stomachache for a while now. We need to take him to the hospital. As his guardian, you need to be there. His uncle is here but we can only proceed on your instructions. Sir, can you please meet us at the General Healthcare centre as soon as-" "I will be there. Can I please talk to my son?", Zhan asked worriedly, his heart pounding in his chest and the man on the other end said that Yuan wasn't in any condition to talk. " Could you hand over the phone to his uncle?" Zhan heard a shuffle and the man spoke again. "Sorry Sir, His uncle is busy calming him down. I will wait for him to calm Yuan and then call you though it might take a while." "It's okay. You take him to the hospital. I will be there in a while." Zhan disconnected the call and turned to Jiyang. "Yuan has a stomachache. I am going to his school. You try to get in touch with Haoxuan. I will take Guo Cheng with me." Zhan ran out of the house and called Guo Cheng over telling him to start the car. "The healthcare centre near Yuan's school. Let's go." Zhan got into the passenger seat and dialled Yibo's number which was unavailable at the moment. Zhan dropped Yibo a text explaining the situation and told him to come to the centre as soon as possible.

Guo Cheng and Zhan left the Lan territory and Zhan tried Haoxuan's phone again cursing out loud when the phone was left unanswered. "He will be with Yuan, Zhan. Don't be angry." "He should at least answer my texts", hissed Zhan as fear clouded his senses. The fear of not knowing how his son was, knowing that he was in pain and suffering broke Zhan's heart. Zhan worrying his lip between his teeth and they had been driving for a few minutes when a group came into view fighting in the middle of the road. Four boys were beating up a boy and the teenager was huddled on the ground, trying to save his head from the harsh blows. It was clear that the group was human and Guo Cheng honked again and again but the men refused to clear the road. "Guo Cheng." At Zhan's voice, Guo Cheng nodded and got out of the car to clear the mess. Guo Cheng walked up to the boys and pointed towards their car probably telling them they were in a hurry. Zhan saw Guo Cheng support the young man and move him to the side of the road but suddenly the injured boy pushed Guo Cheng to the ground and the rest of the men helped him. "HEY!!", Zhan yelled getting out of the car and his hackles rose when he smelled the scent of rich coffee beans in the air. Zhan turned around and saw Huang Yifeng standing feets away from him. Zhan realised he had been set up and his wolf growled within him ready for a fight. "Where are they?", Zhan growled and the Alpha before him walked slowly towards him while the men behind him placed an unconscious figure on the road. Zhan saw Haoxuan's head bleeding and his blood ran cold. "What did you do to him? Where is my son?", Zhan asked again and a few moments later Zhan heard his son's voice. "Dad!!! Dad!" Tears were streaming down Yuan's face and Zhan stepped closer only to stop when Yifeng's man placed claws onto Yuan's neck threateningly. "Let him go", Zhan spoke to Huang Yifeng and the Alpha nodded. "I will. Your enforcer and your son will reach Lan territory safely if you agree to come with me." "Yifeng...let us go. Don't be stupid-" "You are the one that needs to stop being stupid. You need to realise that it's me you want, Xiao Zhan! I have waited years for you. Years. I won't let you go this easily. So, make your choice. It won't take me a second to rip Yuan's neck. He isn't your flesh and blood anyway. But, you do think of him as your own, don't you? Then come with me. Come with me and I will let your enforcer and son live."

A man came to Zhan's side to lead him away and Zhan punched the man hard lunging to take Yuan back. Yifeng broke into action and pulled Zhan back, pulling him hard against his chest. A cry of pain came from beside them and Zhan saw blood flowing down Yuan's little hands where the fucker had pricked him. Zhan fought the hold on him but couldn't break through. "Don't make me angry, Zhan. I swear I won't hurt him unless you give me a reason to." Yifeng placed his mouth on Zhan's ear and kissed his earlobe gently before easing his hold on Zhan. "Your wolf will take both your son and your enforcer back to Lan territory. I promise I won't hurt them if you come with me." Zhan stood there debating with himself and Guo Cheng screamed a loud, "No!" Zhan's phone buzzed in his pocket and Yifeng dove his hands into Zhan's jeans, taking the phone out. Yibo's name was flashing on the screen and Yifeng's mouth hardened as he declined the call. "You won't need him anymore." Zhan stared at Yuan's crying face and Haoxuan's form and his head turned to the ground in shame. A cry was heard again and Zhan nodded his head harshly, as Yuan cried out in pain. "Let them go. I will come with you. Just....just let them go." "No, Zhan! Zhan, Yibo will find us. Don't, Zhan. Zhan he will kill you." "The clock is ticking, Zhan-Zhan", warned Yifeng and Zhan nodded his head. "I will come with you." His response made Yifeng smile. "That's my good Omega." A kiss was placed on to his head but Zhan felt numb. His only concern was to get Yuan out of there and he begged Guo Cheng to take Haoxuan and Yuan away. "Zhan!!" "Please, Cheng. Take them away." "Firecracker!" Yuan cried out again and the scent of his fear made Zhan nauseous. "It's fine, pumpkin. Don't be afraid. Guo Cheng will take you away. Tell your dad to come find me. Okay? Will you do that?" "F-Firecracker!" Zhan's heart broke seeing his son crying and he wanted to take his son into his arms but he was dragged away.  He heard Yuan screaming for him, saw his son crying loudly but he turned to Guo Cheng and ordered him to take his son away. The only thing on his mind was to get his son to safety. Tears were pricking his eyes but his eyes were trained on his son as he was placed into the car along with Xuan. Guo Cheng turned to him one last time and Zhan motioned at him to take them away. The car sped away and Zhan let out a defeated sigh, bile rising in his throat when his hair were patted softly. "Don't worry, Zhan-Zhan. We will have pups of our own. I promise I will keep you happy."