"There were at least fifteen kids on that playground," she defended herself. "You weren't the last kid. Trust me, I've been the last kid. That requires a lot more waiting." She grabbed his backpack, opening the car door for him. "Hop in."

He immediately started talking again once she sat down. "You got my cake?"

"Yes, dear. It's in the back."

He turned fast, and saw it in the backseat. He reached for it.

Ophelia put her hand up, saying, "Ah, ah. It's for Sunday. Not today."

"I'm just taste testing it."

"Mhm," she said, unconvinced. "You can do that Sunday."

"Dad'll let me taste it."

Ophelia let out a laugh. "Yeah, yeah. Go ahead and try it with him."

They arrived home less than fifteen minutes later. JT went running inside. Ophelia picked up the cake, careful with it, bringing it in. The last thing she needed was to drop it and have to start all over with ordering. JT, being a polite boy, held the door open for his mother. She thanked him and smiled, even more so as she spotted her husband just ahead, in the kitchen.

Scott's expression lit up when he saw her too. "Ah, you were actually able to get it. And on time," he teased. He knew she was worried the bakery would close before she got there. She spent all morning muttering about how stressed she was to pick it up on time, yet she denied that Scott had to worry about it. She didn't even let him offer to pick it up. After all, he was the cook, like always. She didn't want to put even more of a burden on him.

"I got the cake on time, not the kid," she sighed.

"I was the last one there," JT said, dramatically.

Ophelia narrowed her eyes, "Not even." Placing the cake box onto the counter, Scott peaked inside. He read allowed, "Happy Birthday Justin." He smiled at his wife, "Did you pick up the '10' candle?"

"I got it yesterday, it's in the drawer."

"Can I taste the cake?" JT asked his father. "Please? To make sure I like it?"

Scott shurgged, internally debating. "Um...I guess a taste wouldn't hurt." Scott panicked as he looked up and saw Ophelia's dispproving stare, and quickly added, "I mean-If you're mom's okay with it."

JT groaned. "I just wanted some frosting."

"There's Mochi in the freezer," Ophelia told him. "Wouldn't you rather have one of those?"

JT shook his head.

She caved. "Fine. One taste."

He celebrated his victory, loudly, as Scott cut a piece of the frosting off for the boy. JT was spoiled. But it wasn't something Ophelia was ashamed of.

Ophelia sat at the kitchen table, taking off her strapped on heels. Her feet were aching. Scott came over, standing behind her and massaging her shoulders slightly.

"You seem tired," he noticed. More tired than usual. "How was work?"

"I should be asking you that," she pointed out. "You're the person who just got promoted. You're the one who went to work, went to the store, and made dinner. You're the one who should be tired." She started to stand. "Why don't you sit and I'll-"

He stopped her. He lightly pushed her back towards the chair, and sat her back down. He kept rubbing her shoudlers. "I'm fine. I work in an office. I'm sitting all day. Trust me, I'm glad I finally get to move around."