Chapter 16: Best Friends for Never!

Почніть із самого початку

"First of all, the forest isn't that creepy. Secondly, it's a really cool rock! Look, it's as big as I am and it's all smooth." He laughs and jumps up onto the rock.

"Okay, now what?" I look up at him.

"We can play heroes! The rock will be our base and Emiko can be the villain." He grins.

"Your dog isn't even here." I groan.

"Oh yeah, then Tenko can be the villain!" He gives me a thumbs up.

"He's not here either." I point out.

"Huh, he isn't here is he? Actually where are we?" He asks.

"What? What do you mean? You brought us here! You have to know the way back!" I grab his shoulders.

"I don't remember..." Izuku hums.

"Are you kidding me?!" I shout.

"I'm sorry, but I can't remember." He whimpers.

"I don't care if you tell my dad, but you are the biggest idiot I've ever met! All you do is talk and talk and talk, and then once your done talking you wander around to find something dumb to do! Seriously, how is someone as pathetic as you even count as my rival? How can you call yourself All Might's son?" I yell. I finally let myself go off on him, and it felt great. At first.

"Shochan... I'm sorry. I didn't mean to mess this up too. Kacchan is right, I'm useless, I'm just Deku!" Izuku starts to cry and then he runs off into the forest.

"Wait-" I start after him.

When I saw his crying face... It reminded me of dad. But this time, I was dad and Izuku was me. He just wanted to play, why couldn't I let him play? Why am I just like dad? I don't want to be like him, I don't want mom to be right! I'm not like him! I'm not, I can fix this. I ran after him, but since I started late, I already lost him. I shout out for him, I'm desperate to fix this.

"PLEASE COME OUT! I'M SORRY, YOU AREN'T USELESS! IZUKU... Izuku." I yell and keep running deeper into the forest.

"I DON'T CARE IF WE ARE LOST! I JUST, I just don't want to be like him!" I cry.

"Shochan..." Izuku whispers and hugs me from behind.

"I don't want to be mean, I'm sorry." I sob.

"You aren't mean. I don't know what's going on with you and your dad, but I don't think you're like him. I'm sorry I got us lost, I didn't mean to mess up." He hiccups.

"I don't care about being lost, I'm really sorry. And you aren't dumb, or annoying, and you definitely aren't useless." I sigh.

"Shochan, you're my best friend!" Izuku cries.

"Thanks, I've never been anyone's best friend before. But you're my best friend too." I wipe my tears.

"Let's find a way back home, if you want I can ask my dad to ask your dad to have a sleepover. That way you can stay with me, since you and your dad don't get along." He holds my hand.

"I'd like that." I pull us both back to the rock. And Izuku was right, it's pretty cool.

We walked around the forest for a while, stumbling in circles. I'm almost certain we passed the cool rock about 6 times, but we kept on going. Eventually we noticed the sun was right above us and the trees' shadows became darker. Then we heard heavy footsteps, they started far away but with every passing second they got closer.

"DON'T HURT US!" I scream and send out a little bit of ice.

"Woah, woah, easy. I'm not gonna hurt you! It's me. What are you kids doing out here? I've been calling your names, lunch is ready." All Might steps out of the shadows and kneels next to us.