"Was that your idea?"

"Yeah.  Not my best brainwork, but we were in a rush.  You need to wake up."

"But... Everything is so perfect here... You're happy, Caine is our friend, and you and my Dad get along."

"Seriously?  You have to know it's an alternative reality just by that last one. You need to touch the black rocks to wake up," Varian said.

"But what if I like it here?  What if this is what I want?"

Varian looked at her in surprise.  "I mean, I know life is sometimes crap... But this isn't real..."

"Rapunzel!" Cassandra popped her head in and Varian disappeared.  "You ready?"

"Uh, yeah!  You bet I am! Let's go and fly that kite!"

Later, Rapunzel climbed the wall with excitement.  That excitement quickly faded upon seeing the wasteland of dead trees.  "Woah... That is.. that is some veiw..."

She felt a tap on her shoulder. She turned and yelped.

"Hi, there!"

"Gah!  Would you stop materializing out of nothing?"

"I don't know.  Would you stop running around head?  I mean how is that better than your real life?  Ooo.. that is a really bad view..." Varian visibly blanched at it.  He shook his head.  "Anyways, I figured out some more.  Do not, whatever you do, do not put on the crown.  Otherwise you'll be stuck in this Dreamland.  Forever."

"I mean, it's not so bad here," Rapunzel said.  "I had the best time of my life.  The three of us were flying a kite and then we went rolling down hills and i just beat Eugene in a horse race!  I mean, come on!  Everything I've ever wanted is right here."

"No it's not.  Why did you leave Corona in the first place?  You knew something was missing."

Rapunzel paused, thinking it over.  "But what if I was wrong.  Nothing was missing.  It was just me."

Varian opened his mouth to speak, but he disappeared due to Eugene jumping onto the wall.  "Hey, Blondie!  You win!  Oof... That is not a good view.  Lucky we live here.  Out there certainly won't offer anything out there."

"Yeah..."

Before Rapunzel knew it, she found herself standing in front of a crowd at the banquet.  It was almost as if she had blinked and she was there.  She gave a small gasp as Eugene knelt in front of her, pulling out a ring.

"Rapunzel, the love of my life, will you marry me?"

"Woohoo!" Cassandra cheered and the younger Varian clapped.  Fredric and Arianna hugged and Fredric had his other arm wrapped around Varian's shoulder as if they'd been best buds for life. Andrew was sitting next to Cassandra, looking very happy.  Everything was perfect.

Suddenly, Varian glitched into her view, but he was standing behind Eugene. "Raps.  What are you doing?"

"This is perfect!  What do you mean?"

"Well, I..." Eugene began.

Varian raised a brow, glancing at his other self and Fredric.  "No, it's fake.  It isn't real.  Don't you remember why you told Eugene "no" in the first place?  It's not because you didn't love him.  No, it was because you love him.  You didn't feel ready and you wanted to wait for when you are so he could have the best.  At least... That's what I think you said no..."

Rapunzel shook her head.  "You think that's why I said no?  Yeah, I wasn't ready, but I am now.  I have been."

"Then why haven't you said yes?"

"Because you aren't ready."

"What?"

"It felt selfish to be happy and married while you felt so alone, but I want to get married.  I want be with Eugene."

"So it's a yes?" Eugene asked.

Varian blinked.  "You... You've been giving up what you want for me?"

"Yes," Rapunzel said.

The crowd cheered.  Rapunzel and Varian's eyes went wide when they realized that she had accidentally agreed.

"Rapunzel..." He suddenly glitched out of her view.