CHAPTER 1: Another Chance

Bye ^_^

I typed happily but grudgingly, flexing my fingers for the last button and hit "send" and turned the computer off. At last! I mentally did a victory dance. After three straight hours of boredom and pure torture it finally ended.

Standing up while yawning, I pondered over the things at hand now. I've been with this guy for over a year, a guy I barely knew, Rio. Well, aside from the information you can get on his resume, I'm not really that sure about his bona fide personality.

We met on the internet, constantly chatting. We are both Filipinos but while he lives there, I, on the other hand, had migrated here in California with my mom when I was still a kid. After six months of pursuing and wooing me, I finally said yes.

He isn't that bad. He makes me feel loved and cherished all the time. However, I haven't seen him yet, and to be perfectly honest, I'm not serious with him, with this relationship. I mean, I'm really surprised we made it this far, but as far as I'm concerned, I really don't love him. I like him, yes, but love? Who am I kidding? Oh yeah, him and myself.

I didn't believe in love ever since my father left my mom for another woman. My mom was completely busted, broken. Every single night, when she thought I was asleep, she cries, even now, there are still some nights when she would break down in her bedroom and weep. So I vowed to never feel that and never experience pain.

I'm planning to end this soon anyway. I'm sick of pretending.

For over a year, I've tried my hardest to feel even the slightest of what he feels for me, but those attempts didn't end well. I still don't love him. Yes, I'm attached to him, I can feel that. So I'm planning to end this without hurting him that much. I'll try to explain to him all of the downfalls in this affair.

Tomorrow would be the day to end this craziness, our 15th month anniversary. You might think I'm harsh or evil but like I've said, it would be better to end this sooner, right?

---

15th month anniversary:

I'll see you soon

I sighed after the last statement. This was my 27th attempt to break up with him, the 27th time within this day. You might say I'm exaggerating but it's true.

As you can see, after my little plan yesterday night, my mom told me that we would be visiting Philippines for three months. Our flight was scheduled the day after tomorrow. So I thought that maybe, just maybe, it would be better to test my feelings towards him within my visit. I would give this relationship a chance to bloom beautifully. Maybe he would be the one to show me that true, selfless and eternal love does truly exist.

Then if I didn't fall for him within the given time, I'd make it sure that the day of my flight back here in California would be the end between the two of us.

---

I wheeled my baggage towards the exit. My mom rented us a cab that would take us to our apartment here for three months. We chose to rent an apartment rather than living in a hotel which is very expensive considering the total of our stay here.

Philippines' trademark heat soon welcomed me as the glass doors opened revealing our cab.

After settling in our apartment, we opened my mom's planner and searched for our first listed thing to do. Yes, she made a list of what to do since we're only staying here for a limited time. First stop would be the beach!! Lets make this clearer, we are currently staying somewhere in Subic. We really intended on settling here since it is surrounded with many wonderful beaches, and WE LOVE BEACHES!! But sadly, we don't know which beach to go to, or should I say, we don't know any.

I suddenly recalled that I have Rio's number in my cell. He lives here. This would be the best time to see him and asked him for a tour in the best beach here. I called him and he instantly said yes. He asked the address of our apartment but I refused to give, instead, I asked him to meet me at their mall here. After a heavy sigh, he hesitantly agreed.

My mother ushered me to just go by myself to the meeting place and find a good beach, saying she has to buy a swimsuit that suits her best considering she accidentally left hers in California. With a wink, she all but kicked me outside the apartment. I rolled my eyes at my mother. She acts like a teenager sometimes. She knows how I feel about Rio and she encouraged me to give our relationship another blow.

---

I mentally cursed myself for my stubbornness. Because of it, I'm about an hour late for our meeting. After walking out of our subdivision, I rode about six random jeepneys, and the mall is still out of sight. I think I'm lost. Stupid, stupid brain of mine!

With a defeated groan, I slump my shoulders, dialing Rio's number. With an ashamed blush, I said my current location, and quietly asked the right direction to the mall, telling him I'm lost. I can hear him stifle his laughter but the amusement in his voice was evident. I can also hear a hint of worry. If it was possible, my face turned ten times the shade of red. With a huff, I listened to his direction.

I'mabout to end the call when he sincerely apologized, possibly hearing theirritation and uneasiness in my voice. I can feel the side of my lips lift athis sensitiveness but the irritation won me over. I forgave him though andclicked end.