Weirdmaggedon Part 3: Take Back the Falls

Start from the beginning

Wendy was leaning back in a chair behind the cashier's counter with a magazine to read and her feet up on the counter. "Hey, man," she said, waving at him. Giving him a laid-back look and a relaxed smile. "I like your lid."

"U-Uh, hi. Thank you. I-It's ah, it's nothing," Patrick said nervously. Trying to think of something to start a conversation with the pretty girl, Patrick noticed her lumberjack hat. "I-I uh...I like your hat too."

"Thanks," she said, moving it up her head slightly before closing her magazine. "So, what did Soos mean by your uncle?"

"W-Well, he's actually our Great Uncle Stanford," Patrick said as Mabel and Dipper walked up to join in on the conversation.

"And this is our first time getting to meet him!" Mabel shouted with excitement, throwing her hands in the air with a big grin.

"Not to mention we'll be sending the whole summer here," Dipper said with a smile as Patrick nodded. It was strange that his parents or uncle and aunt never told them about Stanford. They just announced that they had a great uncle and sent them to spend their vacation with a man they never knew. But Patrick figured that if his parents were okay with it, then it was fine.

"Sweet! Well, allow me to introduce myself," the girl said, before walking around the counter and holding out her hand. Patrick shook it as she greeted them. "The name's Wendy Corduroy, and welcome to the Mystery Shack, where the real mystery is why you even came."

Patrick pulled his hand away from Wendy as he laughed a little. "Wait, what?"

"Sorry, that's just something Stan makes me say to customers," Wendy said, blushing a little with embarrassment, and she rubbed her arm.

"Well, I'm Patrick Pines, and these are my cousins, Dipper and Mabel," Patrick said, introducing his cousins to the beautiful redhead.

"Hello!" Mabel shouted and waved her hand.

"Hey," Dipper said, waving his hand. "So, do you work for Grunkle Stanford?"

"Well, it's only for the summer," Wendy said with a calm smile as she leaned against the counter. "It beats having to move up north to work at my cousin's logging cabin."

"Hey! HEY! What the hell's going on here?!" yelled a gruff old man's voice. The newcomers turned towards the employee's door and were greeted by their scowling Great Uncle 'Stanford'. "Wendy, why aren't you behind the counter? I'm not paying you to flirt with the customers!" yelled Stan.

"W-W-We're not...hehehe, we're not flirting," Patrick said nervously, blushing with embarrassment.

"And what are these kids doing in here?!" Stan yelled, pointing at Patrick and his cousins."The Mystery Shack isn't open. Get lost!"

Soos came in and tried to explain what was going on. "Uh, Mr. Pines..."

Patrick was about to talk when Mabel interrupted the both of them. No longer able to contain her excitement. "Oh, it's so good to finally meet you!" Mabel exclaimed with excitement. Running up to her uncle with a big smile. Stopping in front of him as he looked at her with a look of apprehension. "My name's Mabel!" She walked back over to Patrick and Dipper, placing a hand on them. "And this is my twin brother Dipper and our awesome cousin Patrick. But you already knew that!"

There was a moment of silence as the man looked at the kids with a puzzled expression. "I-I don't know what's going on. Are you three with the tour group?" He asked.

Mabel's bright smile dropped down. Now she was just as confused as the boys with her. "Wait, aren't you Stanford Pines?" Dipper asked.

"Yeah, why do you ask?" Stan looked at them accusingly. Then he pointed his cane at them accusingly, and he narrowed his eyes at them. "Who do you work for? Are you with the IRS!?"