Weirdmaggedon Part 3: Take Back the Falls

Start from the beginning

After getting off, the bus turned around and drove away from the parking lot. Now alone, Patrick and the twins turned around and looked at where they were dropped off. A large, dilapidated cabin in the woods called the Mystery Shack. They know that was because of the massive sign on the roof and their parents told them about the shack.

"So, this is it?" asked Patrick, looking at the crumbling, tacky cabin with a raised eyebrow.

"This is where the address said to go, and the bus driver seemed to know about the place," said Dipper on his left.

"I think it looks like a lot of fun!" Mabel said cheerfully.

A second later, the 'S' on the sign fell off.

"And ready to fall apart," Dipper said with a frown.

"Well, we better see if anyone's home," Patrick said, frowning also. He and the two kids gathered their things and started walking towards the front door.

The kids were halfway to the door when they saw a person walking out onto the patio with a broom. The man started sweeping the porch while whistling to himself with his eyes closed. Patrick gestured for the kids to wait behind him before walking over to talk to the man.

"Uh, excuse me, sir?" He called out to the overweight man, getting his attention.

"Oh, s'up dog?" Soos said with a friendly wave and smile. "I'm sorry, but the Mystery Shack isn't open yet."

The twins looked at one another with confused looks as Patrick was also puzzled by that. "Uh, no. We're looking for our Great Uncle Stanford Pines," he clarified to the man.

The man gasped and dropped the broom to put his hands on his cheeks. "You're Mr. Pines' family? This is awesome!"

Dipper and Mabel walked up to stand next to Patrick. "You know our great uncle?" Dipper asked.

"Or as I like to call him, our 'Grunkle?'" Mabel said with a winkle, making Patrick smile and roll his eyes.

"Heck yeah. I've been working for your uncle since I was twelve," Soos said, spreading out his arms.

"Uh, what?" Patrick asked, hoping he heard him wrong.

"Oh, sorry. I almost forgot," Soos said, walking down to them and holding out his hand for a handshake. "I'm Soos."

"Patrick. Nice to meet you," the teenager said, shaking the friendly man's hand. He then pointed to his cousins, who waved at the man-child. "And these two are my twin cousins, Dipper and Mabel."

"So, where is our Grunkle Stanford," Dipper asked with a raised eyebrow.

"He's likely getting ready for today. Summer's when we get a lot of tourists. Come on in." Soos said, gesturing for them to follow him inside. Patrick and the twins gathered their things and quickly got inside.

The kids walked into the house, into what looked like a gift shop. "You dudes wait here, and I'll go get your uncle," Soos said, before walking through the 'employees only door'. Leaving the three alone in the shop.

Patrick looked around at all the items for sale, and some made him raise an eyebrow. Like a bobblehead that cost $50? "Who in their right mind would buy this crap?" He asked no one in particular.

"That's part of the mystery, dude," said a new voice.

Now, Patrick wasn't a true believer of love at first sight. That was more of Mabel's thing, as she could be very boy crazy. Especially for her age. But when he laid eyes on the owner of the voice for the first time, he believed he was looking at the most beautiful girl he ever saw, and his heart skipped a beat.