Not What They Seem

Start from the beginning

"Whoa!" Patrick and Dipper said in awe as the teenager kneeled down to look at the fireworks.

"No way! I thought I blew up all the fireworks Stan had," he said, seeing fireworks that he didn't even know exist. Cop Callers, Smokey Joker, the Heart Attack, the Lawsuit Maker, everything!

Mabel placed a hand on both Patrick's and Dipper's shoulder. "Bro. Cuz. We're all thinking it," she said.

"Crazy rooftop fireworks party!" The trio cheered daringly. But that's when Stan marched up to them.

"Not so fast, kids!" he exclaimed, giving the pair a stern glare. "There is no way on earth you're setting off those dangerous, illegal fireworks..." he trailed off for a moment before breaking into a wide, mischievous grin as he bent down to put his arms around their shoulders. "...without me and Veronica."

-----

And with that, the family decided to take to the roof platform where Wendy and Patrick would hang out, dragging the box of fireworks as well as a cooler filled with ice cream and icy-pops. While Stan sat on the lounge chair with a lit sparkler and Roman candle and Veronica sat on the edge of the roof, the kids had their fun with the fireworks.

"Here you go, sweetie." The conman grinned as he lit Mabel's skyrocket with his sparkler. "Set something on fire for your Grunkle Stan."

"I AM THE GOD OF DESTRUCTION!" Mabel screamed at the top of her lungs while aiming the skyrocket into the air off the deck. The fireworks blasted off and exploded into bright colors as they all cheered loudly, soaking in the excitement. No sooner had the burst of colorful fire went off in the morning sky when Sheriff Blubs and Deputy Durland approached the Mystery Shack.

"Five-Oh! Here comes the Po-Po!" Patrick said. The five Pines stopped their fun and they turned down to them.

"Hold on a minute. Do you have a permit for those?" Blubs asked the family.

"Uh..." Dipper thought for a moment, looking at Patrick with uncertainty.

"Uh, do you have a permit for being totally lame?" Patrick asked the officer, causing his grandma, Stan, and the twins to laugh.

"Heyoooo!" Mabel cried.

"Burn!" Veronica added.

Blubs didn't get mad. Instead, he chuckled. "Well, I can't argue with that," he said before he and Durland turned and walked away, waving. "Carry on."

"Nice come back, kid," Stan remarked, giving his nephew a playful punch. He had Mabel sitting on his shoulder as the young girl held a popsicle in each hand. "But seriously though we should probably clean this mess up."

They all stared all around the Mystery Shack at the many small fires around on the trees and on the shack, with the rope holding up the flags snapped.

"Should I go get the fire extinguisher?" Patrick asked.

"We could do it with water balloons?" Mabel chimed in.

"...I don't see why not," the conman shrugged.

-----

5 minutes later, the fire was out and the kids were playing around like fools with water balloons in hand. Stan and Veronica sat outside on the pouch couch drinking Pitt Cola, watching in amusement as the twins teamed up on Patrick. He laughed as he took on the overwhelming might of two opponents. Well, the might of Mable more than Dipper, whose throwing arms was so bad that he couldn't throw more than a foot before the balloon fell to the ground. Leaving him open for Patrick to pelt him with a water balloon, knocking him back. Patrick laughed as he ran away from Mabel, who chased after, screaming in a tribal-like fashion.