Chapter 5: Veritas Revelatur [edited]

[FOR BEST EXPERIENCE PLAY MUSIC AT "•" SYMBOL]
-

-

3 3/4 YEARS AGO

"You-" Ajax paused, thinking of a way to reason with you "you can't be serious-"

"Just go back Tartaglia"

"Pierro-"

You closed the curtain before he could express his concern. Glancing at the belly dancer outfit, you took in every detail the clothing had. It was a light blue set with darker blue ombré accents along the bottom of each piece. The outer lining of both the top and bottom where covered in gold chains and was accompanied by a golden transparent cloth. You inspected the mask provided, which matched the color scheme of the set itself.

With much hesitation, you switched the mask given to you by the Tsaritsa with the one laid in front of you, which revealed your lips and lower features of your face.

It's showtime

You walked on the stage, all eyes plastered on your figure. Several thoughts crossed your mind as you inspected the song playing. You figured that it would be better to do something that would capture the audience's attention. Maybe even seducing them in the process.

Baby can't you see, I'm calling
A guy like you should wear a warning

"Oh my," Sier smirked. The men around him whistled and 'wowed' in your direction "Who might that be?"

It's dangerous, I'm falling

Ajax stared at you in awe, taking in the sight in front of him. "Beautiful", he thought.

There's no escape, I can't wait

Now that you wore a different mask, he could see your lips. You felt the gazes of women and men alike entranced by you, and that didn't exclude him either.

I need a hit, baby give me it

The admiration he had for you as 'Pierro' only grew larger every time your foot touched the ground lightly.
And so did... Something else

You're dangerous, I'm loving it

With each step, each breath, you enchanted the audience. You moved in such a way that people would think you were flying. It was beautiful. You were beautiful. There was not a person in the room who would disagree.

But Suddenly
Your mask had fallen

What?
.
.
What just...

The crowd roared in delight. You froze in place, realizing the severity of the situation. How could you be so careless? Of course they would try to find out who you are.. they were told that a beautiful dancer would be on stage. How could you be so foolish. How could—

Your face went pale

Ajax

You turned your head towards the fellow harbinger. His mouth was slightly open as he choked back his words. You expected this—his reaction.

With the taste of your lips I'm on a ride

"..Y/N?" he whispered to himself

You're toxic, I'm slipping under