Is It Really You?

5 years later

So, what have I been up to these past few years? You might want to sit down for this.

Grandma was pretty strict about me being around Luis's van for some reason, so I had been hanging out with Scott's daughter, Cassie. Despite coming from different backgrounds, we've been pretty much inseparable since the day we met. Sure, I was a genius, but, until Cassie, I also never had friends growing up. Sometimes, I would get dropped off at Scott's house whenever he had Cassie with him.

One day, Scott had to leave with Mom and my grandparents to help with healing Ghost. I begged them to take me with them, but Grandma was worried that I'd get sucked into the quantum realm. So, I waited for them at Maggie and Paxton's house. While I had Cassie to keep me company, I missed my family.

At this point, I'd been waiting for Mom, hell, even Grandma and Gramps for hours. Until I learned the truth. It turns out that the Avengers were fighting a purple alien named Thanos in Wakanda a few days after our battle here in San Francisco. Thanos eliminated half of all life with the snap of his fingers. My mom and grandparents were some of the unfortunate victims of the snap, and so was Scott, or so I thought. I remember crying for hours. They were basically my entire family. My dad abandoned me, and even so, I had no idea if he was still alive. Maggie let me stay at her place for as long as I needed.

One day, 5 years later, I was still making some final tweaks to my suit. Good thing Gramps helped me add the particle to my suit before the snap. I call it, The Dragonfly. Someone was knocking at the door multiple times. Cassie answered the door. A few minutes later, I came upstairs for a snack. "Cassie, who's at the door?" I asked, and then I saw Scott and gasped. "Mr Lang?! Holy shit. I thought you were dead!" I hugged him as soon as he released Cassie from his arms. "I'm sorry, do I know you?" Scott asked. "It's me. Brenna." I explained. "Hope's daughter. Janet and Hank's granddaughter. Have you been alive all this time?" "Is it okay if I come in and explain?" Scott asked. "Of course, Dad." Cassie replied. "Come on in."

After making some herbal tea, I sat in the basement with Scott to catch up with him. "I was trapped in the quantum realm." Scott explains. "We were helping to make a cure for Ghost when it happened. I went subatomic to collect the energy, but I lost my signal with your entire family. Apparently, I was down there for 5 years on Earth compared to 5 hours in the quantum realm." "I do remember Grandma saying that time works differently in the quantum realm." I recalled. "I still don't quite understand what happened." Scott said. "People began to disappear all over the world." I replied. "I waited like Grandma told me to do. She never returned. Neither did Gramps or Mom. If only I were there, I would've been able to bring you home." "Don't blame yourself, Brenna. You did nothing wrong." Scott reassured me. "What else have you been up to?" "Well, I'm just about finished with this old project." I explained, revealing my new suit. "I call it the Dragonfly. I just wish Mom and my grandparents could see it." "Maybe there is a way." Scott said. "Come with me. And bring your suit."

It took a few days, but Scott took the van to New York. "Where are you going, Mr Lang?" I asked. "If I told you, you wouldn't have come." Scott replied. "Now approaching the Avengers compound." I heard on the GPS. "Oh, hell no!" I exclaimed. "See? I knew you'd be mad." Scott said. "Mr Lang, you know how Gramps feels about trusting a Stark." I recalled. "He'd lose his shit!" "They might be the only ones who can fix this." Scott explained.

Scott pulled up to the front door, trying to see if anyone was home. "This is ridiculous." I groaned. "Hi! Uh, is anyone home?" Scott asked. "This is, uh, Scott Lang. We met a few years ago at the airport in Germany? I was the guy that got really big. I had a mask on. You wouldn't recognize me. Ant-Man? I know you know that. I really need to talk to you guys." "No one answered, can we go back to San Francisco now?" I groaned, just as the doors opened.

"Cap! I'm so glad you're here." Scott said as Captain America himself came to greet us. "Good to see you, Scott." Steve greeted. "Who's this?" "Brenna, granddaughter of Hank Pym." I introduced. "I'm Steve Rogers. Pleasure to meet you, Miss Pym." Steve said. "Van Dyne." I corrected. "Sorry. Come on in." Steve apologized.

Once Steve led us into the compound, Scott was pacing around the room where Natasha Romanoff was. "Scott?" Steve asked. "Are you okay?" "Yeah." Scott replied. "Have either of you guys ever studied quantum physics?" I raised my hand. "Only to make conversation." Natasha replied. "Alright, so, five years ago, right before Thanos, I was in a place called the quantum realm." Scott explains. "The quantum realm is like it's own microscopic universe. To get in there, you have to be incredibly small. Hope, she's my... was my... she was supposed to pull me out. And then, Thanos happened and I got stuck down there." "I'm sorry, that must've been a very long five years." Natasha said. "Yeah, but that's just it. It wasn't. For me, it was five hours." Scott continued. "The rules in the quantum realm aren't like they are up here." I added. "Everything is unpredictable." "Is that anybody's sandwich?" Scott asked, taking a sandwich and eating it. "I'm starving." "What are you talking about?" Steve asked. "So, what I'm saying is time works differently in the quantum realm." I replied. "The only problem is right now, we don't have a way to navigate it. But what if we did?" Scott wondered. "I can't stop thinking about it. What if we could somehow control the chaos and we could navigate it. What if there was a way that we could enter the quantum realm at a certain point in time, but then exit the quantum realm at another point in time? Like, before Thanos?" "Wait. Are you talking about a time machine?" Steve asked. "No, of course not. Not a Time Machine, this is more like a..." "A Time Machine." I interrupted. "I know, it's crazy, but I can't stop thinking about it." Scott repeated. "There's gotta be some way. It's crazy." "Scott, I get emails from a raccoon, so nothing sounds crazy anymore." Natasha explains. "So, who do we talk to about this?" I asked.

"I shouldn't have asked." I groaned as Steve pulled up to Tony Stark's house.