Driving down the dirt road, Bella turned to the man behind the wheel. "Where are we Tommy?"

He glanced over at her, before turning back towards the road "it's call Lockwood Village, mainly just farms and houses"

She's never heard of this place before and his answer didn't help her at all. But before she could ask another question, Tommy stopped the car in front of a small house.

It was made of stone, with a little pathway leading from the car up to the front door. It couldn't have been more than one or two bedrooms. It was cute. But why did he bring her here?

Tommy got out of the car and opened the door for Bella, offering her his hand.

Still sporting her confused look, her dark eyebrows narrowed, she took his hand and he led her down the short path.

Stopping outside the door, she looked up at him
"Okay Tommy, what's going on? Why did you bring me here?"

Looking down at her with a straight face. "I've been doing some research. Thinking 'bout what you said on the drive back from Ada's, so I found her"

Holding their gaze as she continued to look up at him as he reached over to knock on the door "what are you talking about Tommy?"

"I found your mum for you peach"

Bella face instantly fell into shock as she dropped his hand. Unable to move, she just stared at him.

But before either one of them could say anything else the front door opened.
It revealed a slim woman, about the same height as Bella. Same dark hair, just with some grey stripes in it.
She was wearing a cream colored dress and an apron.

Bella was looking at her mother, Eleanor Ray.

Still frozen in her spot she wasn't sure what to do. But it didn't last long because within seconds the older woman wrapped her arms around her and pulled her close, rocking them from side to side.

"Oh My Baby Bella, I'm so happy you're here!"

It took a few seconds to react but soon felt herself wrapping her arms around her as well.

The woman pulled away, putting her hands on her daughters cheeks, wanting a better look at her

Bella was still in shock and with some tears forming in her eyes she managed to squeak out  "I'm so s-sorry"

"Shhh Bella. Don't be. Why don't we go inside for some tea." The woman said softly while rubbing her thumbs under Bella's eyes wiping away any fallen tears.

Unable to form words, Bella nodded. Then her mum gave the younger girl a smile, stepping back holding the door open.

Still a little frozen, Bella felt a hand on her lower back, slightly pushing her forwards. Turning to her left to look at Tommy, she left out a small sob. Then quickly threw herself into him. With her arms around his stomach and her face pressed flat against his chest, she mumbled

"Thank you Tommy"

After Rubbing his hand over her back, he pulled away to look at her face. She looked up at him with an express he's never seen on her before. One of sadness and gratefulness.

"You go spend some time with your mum peach. I'll be waiting for you"

Looking a little confused, she started to speak but he interrupted her before she could

"It's okay. This is between you and her. Now go have some tea"

Rubbing her lips together, she looked up at him and nodded. Her emotions were getting too much for her right now.