Determination., Arguments., and Getting on the Road, Again, Maybe?.

Start from the beginning

"In love." Tessa said dreamily.

"No. Dead!"

"Cade." A weak voice said, then coughed. "That's enough." I turned and saw (Y/n) looking me in the eyes pleading with me to stop. "Let them be." I couldn't stop. I looked at Tessa.

"Tessa, I trusted you. I have been busting my ass to take care of you."

"To do what? Not be a normal teenager? Is that what you did when you brought home the truck? For your information, (Y/n) has been taking care of us. Protecting us. Getting us food. Clothes. The only thing good you have done was accidentally brought her home in your truck." Tessa said, then left the gas station through the broken door.

I was in thought in the doorway of the gas station, looking out on the horizon again; my thoughts were going in so many directions all at once. I felt like shit because (Y/n) risked her life and is now fighting for her life, Optimus is her lover, we are fugitives, Tessa is mad at me and is dating someone who is no good for her, and I just came to the realization that Tessa was right about (Y/n) providing everything for us. I turned and saw that Tessa was asleep. (Y/n) was sleeping as well. A scary thought came into my mind as I thought about the day's events. "They were ready to kill them."

"Then they still are." Shawn said as he was watching the distance.

I started to play with the wasp-like drone to try and find out who was after us and why. "Somebody somewhere gave that order." I started to fiddle with the wiring and mechanics to hack into it.

"I know who and why." A raspy voice said close behind me.

"(Y/n)!" I jumped up, startled. "You need to rest."

"Cade, I'm fine. I do not think I can rest anymore." (Y/n) said softly as she slid into the chair next to me. I looked at her as she favored certain parts of her body and made minimal facial expressions of pain and discomfort.

"Why don't I take you outside to get some fresh air then?" I asked as I set everything down. I looked over at her, and she nodded. I got up and picked her up bridal style. We silently left the inside of the gas station, leaving the young adults to get their sleep. "Want to tell what is going on?"

"It's Cemetery Wind, funded by KSI. KSI is hunting down all the Transformers to make their own that follow their orders. I rescued as many Autobots as I could, but I failed multiple times." (Y/n) said as tears pricked her eyes. I heard the soft lulling of an engine of a truck, knowing it was Optimus but did not say anything to (Y/n) because she was too deep in her memories. "They soon figured out who I was, and I became a target myself. I went into hiding away from the Bots I rescued, faking my own death so my family wouldn't know about my whereabouts or get involved. My family thinks I'm dead, and I can't ever see them. I was alone for a long time. I found out that some of my closest friends that have been with me for the longest time turned their back to their morals for money. They left me. They didn't even try to find me or mourn my death. I don't want to lose anyone else." (Y/n) finished talking as tears ran down her battered face. A feeling of overwhelming sadness and empathy filled my soul. (Y/n) has always been a cold stoned face in that I could never tell what she was thinking. I saw flickers of emotions that would come and go in fleeting moments in her eyes or a cringe of pain here or there when going about the day. I would have never guessed how much pain and responsibility (Y/n) put on herself. 

"(Y/n), we need you more than ever if we are going to survive. I need your help. Optimus needs your help." I said as I held her hands gently in mine. I looked her in the eyes. "You know more than anyone what to do in these types of situations. I am going to go rest, and in the morning, I will have the other two pack everything that we might need to survive." I got up after that and patted her head, then leaned down, placing a kiss on the top of her head. As might as I love her, I know that she is not ready to move on from Optimus, and I do not think I am the right person to help fix all her problems. I couldn't protect her or support her. I went inside to get some rest and to start packing.