Childhood Bestfriends with Hollywood's Goldenboypart16

Start from the beginning

All I can remember is Jennifer’s face falling for a second and then she quickly smiled again, her eyes running over me with renewed interest “ Of course, yeah, you.. Um were going to see a horror movie…is that ok with you guys?” she had asked.

Two summers later we had stood on that same beach, mucking about and taking silly photos of each other with Ari’s camera. It had been the day before he left for a two and a half months to film on location in England for a movie role. We’d spent the whole day trying to ignore it, swimming and trying to bury each other in sand. 

One of my favourite photos of Ari was taken that day; I had buried him completely in sand so all you could see was his neck and smiling face. In the sand next to him I had written ‘ Lost Property’, laughing uncontrollably as I took the picture. I had a black and white copy of it taped to the side of my bedroom mirror.

I laughed in shock, snapping out of the memories that this place held for us both,

“ I didn’t know it was still open! I thought they shut it down a year ago after the local council withdrew their funding..”

I turned to Ari who was smirking as he drove slowly down the path “ Yeah I know you did Ella bear” laughing at my shocked expression.

“So if it’s not Sandy Cove Community centre anymore what is it? That sign only said that it’s been renamed ‘ Blossom Row House’ but I didn’t catch the rest” I turned in my seat to try and catch a glimpse of the white washed sign but it was only plain from behind. “ They haven’t turned it into a school for little kids have they? That would suck.”

I turned back to Ari, watching his profile as a small smile played on his lips “ God no! It’s not a school but some of the new resident act like big kids” he chuckled at his own inside joke.

I hate when people talk cryptically. 

I’d rather just know.

“ Huh? You know I hate riddles Ari.” I said looking ahead at the straight gravel road the car was driving down. I glanced up at the sunlight streaming through the pink blossom flowers, bathing everything in a soft peachy glow that made me think of fairies.

 “ Oh the council haven’t turned the amazing place into a boring museum or a mental institute have they? I always loved how lively it was, filled with people going to loads of different lessons and hanging out on the beach”

About ten yards ahead I could see the end of the path reveal the familiar opening to the house, a small gravel parking area which ended abruptly when you entered the opening. As we drove into the clearing I was immediately struck by how little everything had changed in the past year and a half. The House was still as stunning as it had always been, sitting regally besides the beginning of the Sea front cliff. The view stretched across all of the left side and I knew from memory that it also extended across the back of the house as well. It was so sunny that I had to shield my eyes with a hand to look across the waves of the sea, glinting in the light as they rolled in.

It was beautiful and now we were out of the blossom trees I could clearly smell the comforting hint of Jasmine in the air and the clean salty air that had filled so many of our summers.