"It's a shame that girl died, you know. It was idiotic to simply throw her life away. I heard she wasn't even sixteen," A masculine voice sounded.

"Yeah, it is. Though, she may be stupid, she at least died a hero. She saved the Flame Pillar's life, I heard. I'm a bit jealous," A woman's voice followed.

"Are you insane, Yukina? The pillars are terrifying! I swear, they're going to make me piss myself one day."

You swallowed in an attempt to appease your sore throat; it was futile.

"Oh, speaking of.. it was scary seeing Shinobu so—well, mad, I think? Or maybe she was upset? Do you know, Akio?"

Akio scoffed. "It's so hard to tell with her. But, I don't blame her. I heard the girl who died had some sort of healing blood, or something along those lines. Maybe she was a demon."

"Really?!" Yukina gasped. "Why would they make a demon a.. a demon slayer, then? Doesn't that go against the name itself!?"

"I dunno. I mean, they took that other demon girl in. The sister to that one guy with the big forehead."

"Oh, you mean Tanjirou?"

"Yeah, that guy."

She shrugged. "Yeah, you got a point there, I guess. I can't help but feel bad for him right now—and the rest of his little crew."

She paused briefly. "I was assigned to tidy their room yesterday, and just the aura of the room was depressing. Everybody was practically silent, but.. it was obvious they were all crying."

"They're annoying. And hard to deal with!" Akio fumed. "But.. I understand, I guess. It must've been tough seeing their friend die."

The two continued to gossip as they creaked open your door—revealing that the duo were kakushi.

Entranced within their own conversation, they hadn't yet noticed you sitting up in your own bed—watching them with widened eyes.

"Okay, if Shinobu sees us gossiping, she'll kill us. At the very least, let's pay some respect to the girl. I think her name was— uh, (Y/N)?" Akio said.

At that very moment, Yukina turned to you—her face paling at the sight of your conscious figure.

"SHE'S— AKIO— SHE'S..!!" She shrieked, panicked as she stumbled backwards.

Flinching upon her yell, you screamed along too—equally as confused and panicked. "AHHH!!"

Akio lightly gasped, just before he raised a shaking finger in your direction. "YOU'RE—?! AHH!! Y-YUKINA! GO GET SHINOBU!! OR, OR ANYBODY, REALLY!!"

"AH— Y-YEAH! O-OKAY!!" Yukina blurted, clumsily stumbling before sprinting out of the room.

Akio quickly rushed to your side, his eyes bulging. "How are you— you're alive?! What the hell?!"

Their reactions were making your anxiety set in even worse.

"Y-Yeah, I think.. so..?" You croaked, cringing once more. "What— how long was I out for..? What happened?"

"It's been two whole weeks since you were found in critical condition on the field," Akio spluttered. "You— You were in a coma, or something! Then, a few hours ago, your heart just stopped!"

"We tried resuscitating you.. but.." He trailed off, his tone low.

"You're lying," You gasped. "How the fuck am I alive, then?! Am I a zombie?!"