𝟐. sight for sore eyes

Start from the beginning

"Nice to meet you," you smile at Petra shaking her hand. "Nice to meet you too."

She lets go of your hand and looks down at her computer, she started typing out something. "I'm just letting Hange know you're here, you'll be greeted with them when you enter the floor you're on."

"Ah, alright. Thank you," you say appreciatively.

"Okay, so." She smiles again as she looks back up at you, "If you take the elevator, you're on the 4th floor, then walk towards the glass doors, and Hange, the journalist supervisor will be there to greet you."

"Thank you," You nod, "Have a good first day," Petra affirms. You return a thankful smile, and then make your way toward the elevator. You press the button and the two silver doors slid open, and you walked inside the compact space. You press the number '4' button, indicating to go to the 4th floor, the doors soon close after.

The elevator makes its way to the 4th floor, the doors slowly open revealing the fancy interior, it looked lux. You didn't expect it to look like this. You could for sure get used to this.

You walk out of the elevator, the fresh smell hitting you once more, the carpet was a nice toned grey, and the walls were painted a darker grey. It gave a darker yet cosy vibe, through the glass window you could see a few rows of computers and people sitting at them working away. You approach the glass doors and quietly make your way through them, it was dead silent, apart from the typing of the keyboards. You look around, waiting for someone to approach you, to be honest, you felt silly and lost just standing there. It wasn't long until you saw someone walking towards you, they were about 5'7", they had brown chocolate hair which was tied up, circular glasses that perched upon their nose, they had a friendly smile upon their face. They held up their hand, giving you a small wave to gain your full attention. You give them a small wave back, your nerves building back again at the fact that you had to make a good impression on your boss.

They came up to you, "Hi, I'm Hange Zoe. Journalist Supervisor for the sports paper. A pleasure to meet you. Y/N L/N, correct?" They spoke as they held their hand out, you shaking their hand. "You too, and yeah that's me alright." You chuckle lightly. You both spoke in a more quiet tone, trying your best not to disturb the people in the room around you.

You exchanged a few words, Hange now leading you to your desk where you would end up spending a lot of late nights.

"Put your bags down here and I'll take you to introduce you to the boss of this place," They smile, putting their hand out signalling towards the empty desk with a grey Microsoft computer, nothing too fancy but good enough to get work done.

You put your bag down next to the black leather chair which was tucked into the desk.

You and Hange made your way through the back of the room towards a brown door which had a golden sign on it which read:

Erwin Smith
Chief Journalist Director

In other words, the person who keeps everything running. You take a deep breath as you watch Hange knock on the wooden door.

"Come in," A deep affirming voice called out. Hange turns back to look at you, "He sounds intimidating but he's a nice guy." She says enthusiastically but still in a quiet tone to not disturb anyone.

You and Hange walk into the room as they open the door, you look around at the plain, modern-looking office. The same as the entire building, although the difference was the paintings of plants on the wall and the many bookcases full of older looking books which were pushed against the wall. A tall window glared behind where a man sat on a dark oak desk - which was the same as the bookcases. The man was broad and tall, his blond hair was parted on the side and it was styled nicely with hair gel.