𝐍𝐎𝐈 𝟏𝟕

Start from the beginning

Atsumu blinked and turned to her in surprise. "Yeah, he's one of the key players of the team." He flinched, eyes narrowing at her. "Don't tell me that... 'ya know him, too, (Y/N)-chan?"

(Y/N) clapped her hands, laughing. "Oho! So you do know Rai-chan!" They gaped. She totally knew almost everybody. Some others stiffened at the nickname she gave him. Yes, she gives nicknames from time to time, but she never adds the honorific -chan in the end. Did that mean anything? "He's a friend of mine that I met while I was traveling Nagano to meet a friend of my mom in Hyogo," she answered. Her eyes crinkled fondly.

"Ah, I miss him! Should've gotten his number," she muttered with a pout. "Oh wait... our team is going to Tokyo in two days, so should I go there tomorrow?" She rambled to herself quietly.

"Yer going to an unknown place alone?" Akagi overheard her and asked her with a raised eyebrow.

The medical journalist waved a hand in front of her. "Ah, don't worry, Nagano's not totally unknown. In fact, I've travelled all over Japan to resolve some things, so I know how to get there. I also know some shortcuts that aren't found in the GPS, too!"

How is that even possible...? Some thought with a gawk.

Is that why she was at Aichi back then? Suna blinked.

"What are you even doing travelling all over Japan?" Kunimi couldn't help but ask. The others agreed with him and listened curiously for the girl's answer. She smiled and scratched the back of her neck.

"Just fixing a little issues here and there, tee-hee!" (Y/N) jokingly replied. They were about to refute and ask her to tell the truth, but her expression right now... and the glint on her eyes? They had something that silenced them and make them think that she wasn't lying. Noticing the tense atmosphere, the girl grinned. "Bwaha! I have to skip classes to do that though!"

Tendo shook his head in disapproval. "You can't do that, (Y/N)-chan."

Kita nodded in agreement. "I don't know the 'issues' you're talking about, but you don't have to abandon your studies just because of that."

Nah, it's definitely something more important than school, thought (Y/N) with a sheepish smile. "It's fine, really. I still kinda pass despite skipping classes, so yeah, I don't really mind skipping." If it's for world peace, she continued, puffing her cheeks. "Sorry for taking your time, you guys should go inside and get some rest no—"

"Ara, (Y/N)-chan?" Everyone turned at the voice and confusingly tilted their heads at the old lady standing by the entrance of Karasujoh Hotel. Manami smiled, taking notice of the group of athletes. "Oh, are you by any chance the volleyball team that was staying here?"

Kita took a step forward. "Yes, ma'am."

Manami clapped her hands. "I see! I'm so glad you found your way here! Your coach told me that you were going to arrive in the afternoon, so I grew a little worried that you lost your way, but I guess you received (Y/N)-chan's help." The athletes shared bewildered glances. Who was this person? And how did she know (Y/N)? Also... didn't she know a little bit too much people? She really deserves the title of the monster of communication.

(Y/N) brightened and climbed the stairs to hold the elder's hands. "Nami-san! Good evening! How have you all been lately?"

"Fufufu... we're doing the greatest we've been ever since we received your help," The old lady replied.

"You're exaggerating, Nami-san. I haven't done anything—"

"Nonsense, you were the one who helped to make this hotel famous."