"Who's Vince?" Thomas asked asking the question everyone wanted answers for.

      "He's the one who decides if you get to stay." Harriet answered

      "I thought the Right Arm was suppose to be an army." Minho spoke up wanting clarification in who the Right Arm was.

      "Yeah, we were." A man grabbed the group's attention before motioning with his hands, "this is all that's left of us. Lot of good people died getting us this far. Who are they?"

      Harriet replied, "they're inmunes. Caught 'em coming up the mountain."

      "Did you check them?" Vince asked

      The girl shook her head lightly before pointing to Aris, "I know this guy, Aris. I trust him."

     The man rubs the side of his cheek before responding, "well, I don't. Check 'em."

As if on cue, Brenda struggles to breath correctly grabbing the attention of one of the soldiers. "Hey boss—"

"Brenda!" Jorge exclaims as Brenda falls down on the ground panting and struggling to breath. "Brenda!" Jorge falls to his knees holding her in his arms as he tells her, "talk to me."

"I'm sorry." Brenda struggled to say, "I'm sorry."

"What's going on with her?" Vince asked kneeling down on his feet.

Jorge shook his head not knowing, "I don't know. Brenda—"

Vince skimmed around before taking a price of the bandage on her leg. The man lift up the bandage revealing the bite of a crank. "Oh shit! Crank! We got a crank!" Vince yells pulling out his gun.

"No!" Jorge yells as soldiers pull him away from Brenda and out of his embrace.

"Wait! Wait! No! Please! Stop!" Thomas exclaims rushing to get in front of Brenda to cover her from the aim of the gun.

"Step back!" Vince exclaims to the group as everyone including the gladers take steps back.

Thomas shakes his head as he tried to fix the situation. "Listen! Okay, this just happened! Okay? She's not dangerous yet!"

"You shouldn't have brought her here!" Vince yells at Thomas who nods sincerely.

"I know—"

"We let cranks here now, Safe Haven doesn't last a week! Step back!" Vince commands not leaving his sight off Brenda.

Thomas nodded, "I know, I understand. Just listen to me please. Please, okay? I told her you can help! There's gotta be something you can do!"

A long silence passed before Vince nodded before replying, "yeah there is." For the split second Thomas relaxed before tensing up when Vince continued, "I can put her out of her misery."

"No! No!" Jorge yelled

Before thinking the plan through, Samadhi tried to grab the gun before feeling it being pulled out of the back of her pants and the sound of safety switch off. Rosie pointed the gun at the man so called Vince.