Three

Allison

"Who would have thought, Allison Clark ditching class with none other than Chaz Carter." Ryan says, gripping the steering wheel.

Ryan hasn't been able to stop laughing over the fact Chaz and I ditched English yesterday. Mostly just the fact that I willingly left school with Chaz. I, Alison Clark ditched class with the school's bad boy. Something I thought I would never do in a million years.

"Please don't remind me." I mutter, leaning my head against the window. "The fact that he's coming over to my house today to work on it just makes it worse."

Ryan laughs again. "At least he's actually contributing. But Romeo and Juliet?! Your luck couldn't be any worse, Allison."

"Tell me about it." I sigh. "I even tried talking to Mrs. Simon to see if she had any other extra books but she didn't."

"Well," Ryan says as he pulls into my driveway. "Have fun with Chaz. Call me if you need saving." He adds with a wink.

"Expect many calls from me then," I tell him as I get out of his Land Rover.

As soon as I get inside my house, I check the time. Chaz should be here any minute, but knowing him, he would show up much later than he had said. I was just glad my parents were still at work. The last thing I would want to do right now is have Chaz meet my parents. I pace back and forth in my room, trying to keep myself busy until I hear a knock at the door.

I open the door to see Chaz leaning against the door frame in his signature leather jacket and faded jeans.

"Ready to work on this project, partner?"

I can already tell it's going to be a log day.

"More than ever." I mutter.

***

"So I was thinking we should do the most famous scene in the book." Chaz says as he makes his way over to my couch and kicks his feet up on the coffee table. "Simons will go crazy over it."

"But that would be so unoriginal, she loves creative ideas." I tell him as I push his feet off and take a seat on the coffee table.

"What are you, her best friend?" He raises his eyebrows at me.

"Well I know her well enough to know she always loves my work."

"I'm sure she likes mine better." He says, leaning back onto the couch. "You can even call her up and ask her, I'm sure you have her number."

I roll my eyes at him. "I don't have time for your comments."

"Do you know how rich I would be if I got a dollar every time you rolled your eyes at me?"

I clench my teeth. "You'd be a millionaire, Chaz. Now can we please get some work done?" I pull out a notebook and pen.

"The most famous scene in the book, act two." Chaz crosses one leg over the other. "The importance of the scene is that Romeo and Juliet meet for the first time after the Capulet party, now knowing their families are enemies. Romeo claims that Juliet is the sun, basically stating she is his happiness. She also does not want to believe that Romeo is her enemy, which is the main plot of the entire play. But, what many people don't know is that this scene, along with the other important scenes in the play usually take place either in the early morning or late at night for the entire play to be able to take place in only four days."

I stare at Chaz, not knowing what to say. I had underestimated him and assumed he hadn't read a single page of the book. He knew way more than I believed. I started to feel guilty, knowing I had judged him to be much less intelligent.