ii. The Lioness and Her Silver Ship

CHAPTER TWO: The Lioness and Her Silver Ship

Two days after the siege of Casterly Rock, Robb and Johanna walk through the castle, arm in arm with one another.

     "I apologize if this question offends you, my Lady, but my soldiers have observed that you and your brother... have a... close relationship," Robb frowns.

"He has always been protective of me," Johanna shrugs.

"Is that why he remains unwed?" He hums.

"I do not know why my brother remains unwed," she snaps.

     "I truly did not intend to cause you discomfort," he admits, stopping in his tracks. "But I do intend to keep my oath. I will protect you, Johanna. I will keep you safe. And if I must keep you safe from him, that I will do."

"He is my brother, Your Grace," she hums. "That is all."

     "If he touches you, I will not hesitate to have him punished," he frowns.

     "I ask that you do not hurt him," she huffs, stopping in her tracks. "He is my brother. Perhaps his intentions may be impure, but he is my brother. I know you understand what it feels like to have a wounded brother, so do me this kindness and leave him unharmed."

     "If need be, I will send him to the Night's Watch," he replies.

     "You cannot-"

     "You are to be my wife," he snaps. "I do not wish to make you upset. However, if he lays a hand on you, there will be consequences for him."

     "He's my brother!" She snarls. "He lays his hands on me quite often!"

     "He should not lay his hands on you in that matter," he argues. "Did he do the same with your sister?"

"Tyshara is dead," she whispers. "Tyshara is dead, and you ask if my brother touched her?!"

     "I did not mean to offend-"

     "Well you have! Seeing as you are grappling with your own tragedies, I thought you would have known how horrible it is to relive them," she snaps.

     "My Lady, please-"

     "No! I understand that you may hate my family, but to slander us like this is inexcusable!"

-

Johanna has always loved the gardens of Casterly Rock.

They offer peace from the often chaotic and uncontrollable nature of the castle. And now that her home has been taken over by Northmen, she especially needs the calm it allows.