i. The Fallen Lioness

CHAPTER ONE: The Fallen Lioness

     Johanna shakes.

Her fingers tremble so hard that one might think that they're vibrating. She's flanked on both sides by Stark soldiers, who are roughly escorting her through the halls of Casterly Rock.

So, this is the end. She will die at the sword of Robb Stark, alone, because the rest of her family are already gone. They were smart enough to die at their own hands, rather than that of the Starks.

He's sitting in Tywin's seat. He doesn't look like she had expected: her mother had described him as a wolf-like monster with sharp fangs and furry skin, but instead, he looks like one of the lords she might see at Casterly Rock. He's young, with dark auburn hair and a gentle beard growing. He doesn't look cruel at all.

"What is your name?" He asks her.

The direwolf beside him growls at her, and she yelps with fear.

One of the men beside the Stark king nods at her, and she gulps.

"I am Johanna Lannister," she announces, "and I believe I am now Lady of Casterly Rock, and Wardeness of the West, seeing as the rest of my family has died."

"Address him as Your Grace!" The soldier beside her shouts, kicking her to the floor.

"Do not harm her," Robb snarls.

"She's a Lannister-"

"And did you see her in the fields? Did she wield a sword against you?" Robb continues.

"Does it matter?" The soldier retaliates.

"Yes! It does matter!" Robb shouts. "My Lady, come here."

She shakily rises to her feet and approaches him. "What is it you would like, Your Grace?" She whispers.

"My mother will take you to your chambers, and help you clean your wounds," he tells her.

     "Is it then that I will die?" She murmurs.

     "No, my Lady. No one will harm you, under my command," he whispers.

-

     Lady Catelyn tends carefully to Johanna's wounds.

There aren't that many of them, but, Catelyn insists on doing it.

"Will he hurt me, Lady Catelyn?" Johanna whispers. "Your son."

"No," Catelyn replies, "my son would not dare to do so."

"Why?" Johanna sniffles. "My family is gone. Your mission has been to destroy my house."

"Lady Johanna," Catelyn sighs, taking Johanna's hands in her own. "You are unwed, and you still have your maidenhead. I would like for you to marry my son."