Hello Dear Reader

Good evening dearest reader to another emotionally enveloping season within our bustling London town. After the excitement of last year's desirable match of the new Duke and Duchess of Hastings, and a well welcomed hiatus for this writer, the ton is pressingly eager for the revealment of which virgin debuntante is next to cause the stir of romance and gossip amongst our civilised society.

As akin to the previous annum, our honorable Lady Danbury will commence proceedings with her seasons soire this Saturday. We all must expect this will be well attended by those ladies and fair gentleman who either wish to secure their own bewitching matches or simply play the field to their own rules, but also the notable presence of the Queen Charlotte herself so that her prize girl may finally be chosen after a clattering interruption caused by this writers publication. I offer my apologies, your Majesty, that you remain out shone.

After the display of such a raw gem talent of the freshly married Duchess, scrutinising eyes will be lain at the Bridgerton's door in preparation for another shining jewel. A newly come out Miss Eloise Bridgerton, who we may hope can shine as bright under her elder sister's high reputation, will need to hold steadfast surrounding the other desperate girls wanting to be called out as Her Majesty's diamond of the season. As well as this, the desired Viscount Bridgerton, whom I have heard has a newfound desire to finally claim his worthy prize of a wife for the next generation of the Bridgerton line. We shall have fresh blood for the matrimonial mamas to feast upon as well as old, so fear not reader, this season shall not be without excitement and torment.

Let this not overshadow our newcomers to this vibrant quarter of the city. After, I have heard, a grave and unceremonious depart many years prior, a Lady Sharma shall be returning to turn over new leaves and connections, along with her pair of daughters, Miss Sharma and Miss Edwina Sharma. Perhaps the draw of our hightened society and grappling conversations was simply too much for the Lady to be apart from. I expect her young ladies will be spreading their bejewelled wings amongst the ton, and secure each retrospective match so their mother's tumultuous past becomes a distant memory once again.

I also want to own an honorary mention to another guest who had arrived Thursday noon from a long absense to our European cousins in France. The Hollington's will be returning to their usually baron estate of Newark House, the inhabits of whom I am desiring will make a grand splash amongst the other young ladies clammoring for their new spot on the upper class ladder of Lords, Viscounts and noblemen. The family of Lord Hollington will no doubt be descending into the busying parties and gatherings of the season, not only to secure himself a potential match, but perhaps to season his tastes with the true London experience of grace and decorum that is seen during our scandalous season. He is joined by his siblings, each of whom we shall anticipate will make their appearances at some stage of this battleground of pre-nuptial discourse.

The road is long for marital bliss, and each sex should choose their counterpart responsibly and intelligently. However, we must also remember the true game of the season, that under the ruse of pawn playing and title grabbing, each of you should allot space for romance, and perhaps then a true attraction for lust may appear.

Yours truly,
Lady Whistledown.
----------------

Each season begins differently for every girl, whether this be graciously optimistic, or pooling as a pit of dread. As for Eloise Bridgerton, she would think it is the latter. With her bone-gratingly embarrassing debut being gatecrashed by Lady Wistledown's need to fluff feathers, she was rather hoping her efforts would be in vain. She remains as she always has; unafraid to stand apart and is uninterested in finding another counterpart, especially not to appease her mother. Her attendance is only marked at the inductory season's dance because of the great scandal it may cause should she be absent, as her notability has already been brought into question by Whistledown's hightened opinion upon her and her ability to gain diamond status in her now infamous first publication since the hiatus.