Chapter 12 | Judge

Mulai dari awal

"Excuse me, would you buy some flowers?" She asked kindly.

"Of course." (Y/N) said, pulling her wallet out.

She handed the woman the cash where she thanked her gransousily, as she gave (Y/N) the rose before walking away. She looked down at the rose she had bought, to see a small envelope with a pink ribbon attached to it. Her eyes widened. She opened the envelope, to see it was a card similar to the one that the salesman guy had given her a year prior. On the card it had given her time and location where to go.

December 24, 11:30 P.M.
Sky building 6TH Floor
Frontman

What does he want? (Y/N) wondered. Abruptly, her phone started to ring and it showed Jeong-suk was calling her. Where then it followed with many messages demanding her of where she was at. That's when she switched her phone off knowing that Jeong-suk had probably begun to track her down. So hurriedly, she headed straight to the location where the card had stated, not wanting to waste a single second. Entering the building, she went to the elevator, and once inside, the doors were beginning to close until a hand prevented it from being shut. As the doors reopened, to reveal the hand belonged to Gi-hun once he came into view.

Both of them stayed still like a monument, looking at each other, unsure what to say next. (Y/N) was much taller then Gi-hun last recalled, and at first he assumed she must be wearing heels but she was not. She was wearing a black trench coat, along with boots that surprisingly weren't from an expensive brand. He would have guessed (Y/N) would have bought one of the top brands since most of the young people near her age usually did. That's when he remembered something. Did she even get anything for winning? He had thought about that for a while since receiving that money. He wondered if (Y/N) was given anything? Regardless, he was glad that she was doing well, especially still being alive. (Y/N) on the other hand, looked at Gi-hun in concern, his hair grew much longer, including growing a mustache within a year. Growing your hair was absolutely fine, but it was clear that he hadn't been brushing it in a while. There were even small particles of dust on his clothes that almost smelled like... alcohol?

Snapping out the trance she was in, she moved aside for Gi-hun to step in, which he did. Gi-hun pressed the floor he was heading to and so did (Y/N) as well. It surprised both of them that they were heading to different floors, given that the two assumed that they were meeting the same person, yet they were not. With the elevator closing, the blundering silence consumed them both just like if they were outside of the restroom, back at the games. Except this time, they weren't against each other. In the midst of not wanting to repeat another silence cycle like last time, Gi-hun finally spoke.

"How's school?"

(Y/N) would be lying if she said that she didn't want to chuckle at that question. Out of all of the things he could say, it was about school? She would expect that from Sang-woo or Wang. The more (Y/N) thought about it, Gi-hun could have said something worse considering they had not spoken nor seen each other for a year. Then she pondered, did Gi-hun blame her for what happened?

"It's going well I suppose. Academy isn't fun nor boring." She replied.

Gi-hun quickly turned in (Y/N) direction. "Academy? Impressive. Don't you need a degree to get in?" He questioned.

"You do. But I got accepted, due to recommendation ." (Y/N) told him before looking at him. "You didn't spend a dime, did you?"

"No. Did you?" He questions back looking at her.

"No." (Y/N) admitted.

Gi-hun heavily sighed. "You don't have to lie. I understand if you did."

"I'm not actually. I needed the money for my family member's treatment but unfortunately they passed away the day I came back. That's when I inherited the money that they had left." (Y/N) told Gi-hun, while lying to him to some degree.