The New Girl

"Holy Mary! How can we be having a freaking newcomer in JSS3?" A voice exclaimed as I walked in

Amara called the girl who made the remark. "Kneel down here"

The girl knelt down batting her eyelids frantically.

The dormitory was beautiful, the beds were in a row and the bunks were painted yellow, in the wall was a big inscription 'Sun Girls'. I gulped.

All the bunks were filled up except for one at the corner of the room that had an empty up space.

Amara led me to the bunk and asked the occupant whose name I later knew to be Deze to go up.

"Senior please, I don't like up bunk" she begged frightfully.

"Amara, don't bother, I will stay up" I said quietly.

"I'm going, when you are done packing, come to my dorm, the next one by your right." She explained.

"Okay" I replied

She released the girl she knelt down as she left.

The two girls who helped me to carry my luggage went to their bunks with the fair one hissing. 

"Because the human being has sister, nobody will hear again"

Some of them burst out laughing. Deze smiled at me. "Why did you come in JSS3?"

"Oh nothing, just decided to join my sister," I lied.

"Hmmm, have you met your seatmate?"

"No, I haven't even seen the class" I replied.

"You are lucky, your seatmate is Anderson, God! Everybody wishes for him" she said dreamily.

"How can I be lucky because of a boy?"

She shrugged. "You don't know what you have till you lose it"

I sighed and dropped my bed on the bunk.

There was an iron locker already provided and I arranged my things into it before arranging my bed and placing my pillow.

"What's your name sef?" Deze asked

"Ryla" I replied. "But call me Ryl"

"What does it even mean?"

"It's a short form of a name and the full name does not belong to me but the meaning is Love, my dad calls it sun anyway"

She nodded and began to laugh. "And you are in Sun house"

I laughed too.

"My full name is Adaeze but everybody calls me Deze and that's the name in my register"

"That's nice"

"Deze, what's her name?" A girl shouted.

"Ryl!" Deze shouted back.

There were eight girls in total including me and Deze introduced them to me. Flourish, Ruby, Asah, Tochi, Emelda, Kosi and Deze herself.

"The head of the apartment is Kosi" she said.

Kosi is the fair girl that was rude earlier while the short and seemingly foolish one is Asah.

"I feel happy to meet all of you. Like Deze said, my name is Brian Ryla and I'm in JSS3 B."

"Nice to meet you" they chorused except Kosi.

"So she's in my class" Kosi said.

The girls laughed. "Her sister is senior Amara, the one that won Ruby house beauty pageant for SS2. " Deze said.

"Gist!" Flourish shouted. She was the one Amara knelt down. "I hate the kin' senior"

"She's not wicked sha but she's too serious for my liking" Kosi said. She has this domineering tone I hated.

The girls chattered noisily about other things while I brought out my clothes for washing on the lawn, Deze escorted me and showed me the line allocated to JSS3 girls. I washed my uniform and hung it before changing into the house wear Kosi handed to me from the matron. It fitted perfectly and I loved it.

"Deze please escort me to red house"

"It's called Ruby house" she corrected. "And I can't escort you because I felt rude to a senior there and she has been trying to hunt me down plus she is in your sister's apartment."

I gulped. "Do I go alone?"

She shrugged. "They won't do anything to you because you are new"

I sighed deeply. "Thank you"

"By the way, I love your sandals"

"Don't make me thank you again" I rolled my eyes and began to leave the dormitory.

I observed my surroundings, the lawn was big and the apartments were big and neat. Four bunks in each of them, I was in the third apartment, the second belonged to SS1 and some JSS3 while the first was SS1 and SS2. It was the biggest and had an extra room which had two bunks.

I walked out of the dormitory. Ruby house was just by the right, it was beautiful, it had paintings of pretty girls holding rubies while mine was just the painting of the sun.

I walked straight to Ruby house and entered without a word.

A typical boarding school life right? That's because I know what it is like.

Vote, comment and share.

Thank you.