Chapter 7

Nikita's P.O.V
I stood besides my mother, Walter and Seras as it rained while ourselves, families of the dead and the survivors that hadn't been here on the day of the attack...we were at the cemetery to lay our dead to rest. My mother wore a veil to hide her face but could not hide her tears; Walter spoke as we saluted and when the shots rang out for the dead it felt like a bullet in my heart.

A lot of the people that were killed I personally knew as well; as the rest of the people left and Seras along with Walter to our car I gently rested a hand on my mother's left shoulder and just silently stood by her as she placed a hand on mine. I could only imagine what she was feeling; I know people would wonder why any of us would get close to those around us when they have a chance of dying but it's hard not too...for everyone in Hellsing is family.

We form bonds when we train and work together; when my mother went to leave I travelled back through the shadows to Alucard's room. Something had been on his mind since his fight with Luke Valentine and as I walked into his room I could see his red eyes watching me in the darkness.

I walked over to him and sighed softly as now I needed to know what had gotten under Alucard's skin and had been on his mind; I removed my jacket being back in my normal hunting clothes and sat on the arm of his throne as he rested his head on my chest while I gently ran my fingers through his hair.

"How was the funeral?" Alucard spoke softly even more softly then what I thought for him.

I sighed softly and gasped when he made me sit on his lap as I cuddled into him. "Heart breaking; I don't think I have seen my mother hurting so much aside from when I was turned to a vampire."

Alucard looked to me and he sighed softly as he rested his head on top of mine and his arms wrapped around me holding me close to him. "Your mother is a strong woman but like you and many people here; we all knew one another and then the families of the dead was there as well and I'm sure she's upset with herself for what happened here during the attack."

"I'm sure she is; she's busy trying to get new people recruits as well. Walter had an idea to get some mercenaries in called the Wild Geese I believe was the name; someone who can guard our home while we sleep." I rested my head on his shoulder as I adjusted and heard a soft growl from Alucard and I smirked. "Sorry."

Alucard rolled his eyes and smirked before I gasped moving and laughed as he caught me and I shivered when I felt him muzzle my throat.

"What has gotten into you Alucard? You have been so much more protective of me...but have seem to been thinking of something since that attack. Did that bastard say something to you?" I spun so I was facing him and looked to Alucard who smirked.

"Don't worry about him Nikita he's been made into dog food. As for the protectiveness...it's because we have all been threatened and even I will not stand by to see anything happen to either of my masters." Alucard spoke as he grabbed his hat and gloves and I suddenly had a bad feeling as I knew the Wild Geese had arrived and were talking with my mother in the library.

"Oh no; please don't do go there Alucard! My mother will tan my hide if you don't..." I cursed as he used the shadows and I whistled to alert Walter as we both went to try and stop Alucard and sadly the captain called Pip and his men jumped.

"Wh-what the hell...?! How many vampires are here?" Pip questioned from where he was sitting on the floor.

"Police girl may be a low rank but she is still a vampire; along with the young master." Alucard looked over as I was now standing on the right side of my mother.