Chapter 10: Calm Day

Depuis le début

The little girl nodded and ran towards him. She quickly intercepts him as he leaped back to avoid Akari's swing. She glances behind her seeing his sword right behind her, she then shifts her gaze at (Y/N) they both look at each other before charging at one another.

They skirmish as each time they collide metal sparks could be seen from the spectator's view. (Y/N) couldn't see an opening, none, he can't change the tides of battle but this is making him all fired up. Both kept skirmishing leaping from place to place as (Y/N) got closer and Akari swings.

It cutted his ponytail but he didn't care and punched her on the chest sending her to skid back. (Y/N) stood up and gets into a position taking small bounces, Akari clutched her chest taking deep breaths. He charges towards her once she was in a guard position.

(Y/N) retracts back his arm as Akari does an upward swing and when both collided they were pushed back. (Y/N) and Akari could be seen panting as sweat slides down their faces.

Though a smirk catch (Y/N)'s attention. He looks down seeing a slash on his outfit, meaning that Akari was able to hit him.

"2 more hits and I'm gone." (Y/N) whispers. "Interesting." He looks at Akari's eyes seeing them, seemingly having a blank expression.

The spectators couldn't believe what they were seeing. Two fighters that could overpower a huntsman both in a team, imagine if they were in a team mission and took it seriously.

Akari and (Y/N) got ready once more and charged until he feints his direction from Akari and to Azure. Azure was caught off-guard and shoots the ground providing a smokescreen to try to gain space away from (Y/N). She began to run away from her previous spot and stood in front of Shiro's body.

Her arms are ready as her eyes gaze at the smokescreen, but a chop on her neck causes her to get knocked out and fall. (Y/N) stood behind her. Akari and (Y/N) look at each other and the little girl gets ready.

(Y/N) raises his fists while Akari raises her weapon. With a smile, (Y/N) charges toward her and sent a barrage of punches but she was able to respond by blocking every single one of them.

And with one last swing, both were sent back. Both began breathing as the two fighters seemed to be taking a short break. "Give up!" Akari yells making (Y/N) laugh.

"I'm not done yet." He takes deep breaths.

Akari yelled not because of changing his views or the bed, no-no. She yelled because of his health. She was concerned about their leader's health, being able to glimpse into a weird world.

"Alright... One more." He tries to go to a stance but falls to one knee as he takes deep breaths. He felt his heartbeat.

Akari sheathed her weapon and jogs over to him. "Are you alright?" She asks.

"Do I look like I'm alright?" (Y/N) sarcastically replies, followed by a sigh.

"Fine..." He lays down on the ground.

"Does that mean?"

"Since I made a critical mistake. Yes." He answered, making Akari smile as she hugs her partner.

"I still need to explain a lot of things to you guys." He mumbled.

***

(Y/N) sat on his bed, as he finishes cleaning his blade, releasing a sigh he lowers the weapon. "I'm guessing that you are waiting for my reasoning?"

Behind him were his teammates and Team RWBY patiently waiting for (Y/N) to finish cleaning his weapon. It's been a few days since the duel and so far, (Y/N) has been running off to avoid the talk as he hangs out with Cinder's team having a short bonding moment before running off to avoid being seen by the friend group.

"Let's rotate. One question after the other." Until they cornered him inside his team's room.

Akari took his scroll to prevent him from waking up, Shiro woke team RWBY up and let them in while Azure kept watch on the sleeping leader.

Once he awakes he was greeted by them looking at him. He sighed, knowing that it was time to avoid running and asked for a coffee which Akari brought him.

He brought out his weapons and began cleanning them.

"Yeah. Why did you kill those White Fang members?" Blake was first to shoot.

"I made a promise. I'd kill the guilty and no longer the innocent if they join the White Fang. I'll give them a week but as long as they don't commit any crimes then they are innocent in my eyes." (Y/N) answers.

"But that-!"

"Upupup. Next question." (Y/N) cuts her off, Blake clicks her tongue.

"How did you know my mother?" Yang asks, her eyes glaring into him as he gently dismantles his katana.

"Oh you mean Raven? She and a group tried to rob me but I dealt with them. She fled with a severe injury though but I think she'll live through it." (Y/N) uses a cloth to clean the inside and the blade.

"Who did you make a promise to?" Azure asks just as (Y/N) fully the guard and the handle, along with the pins.

He feels something, remembers something... The old man tells him...

"Then why not leave that sword? It killed innocents why not make a new one to kill the guilty?"

"... He's... He's dead. That person was Nick Stone, former huntsman, and father of two." He looks at her with an expressionless gaze.

"Why was he-" Shiro was stopped.

"He was hunted down." Akari interrupted him. "He was hunted down because he learned the truth."

"Seems as though someone knows." (Y/N) grabbed his scabbard. "He was the one to who I had made a promise." He uses a vaccum to clean the inside and another cloth to clean the outside.

"How did you know him?" Akari asks, raising a brow.

(Y/N) checks his bullets and froze. "Now... That's something I have to keep a secret." He inserts the newly cleaned weapon inside its scabbard and began to clean the revolver.

"What happened to answering our questions?" Azure asks.

"I am answering them but... There are some that I wish to discuss in private with the person." (Y/N) replied with a sad gaze as he turns to Azure but he changes it back to an unexpressed face.

"If that is all then I would be going now." He grabbed his weapons and walked out of the room and into the bathroom.

He begins to check his face out seeing. The missing hair on his back as he remembers the cut that Akari unleashed on him.

"I'll need a haircut."