Chapter 2

"Selene..." An unfamiliar bell-like voice spoke. The sound of it seemed to echo in my head, as if chanting my name. I opened my eyes and gasped at the sight in front of me. It was a field surrounded by thick trees that seemed to stretch from the ground to the sky, in an array of greens and yellows and reds. The ground was covered in green grass that raised up to the top of my ankle, prickling my bare feet. Looking down at my body I saw that I was in my tribal tan clothing, showing off my alpha markings that could only be seen by others of my kind. But something was different about them. Now the markings ran along every inch on both my biceps and forearms, ending in a crescent moon shaped pattern on the palms of my hands. I couldn't see my back but I was sure that the design traveled over my shoulders and down to the waist band of my clothing, maybe even lower. The only places that weren't covered in markings were my legs and stomach.

My head snapped up as I heard my name called again to see a woman walking out of the trees almost twenty feet away from my position. She wore the same clothing as my kind but what threw me off were her blood red eyes that pierced into mine. It wasn't normal for a werewolf to have red eyes unless they were a half breed and it is impossible for there to be another. But this dream wasn't exactly real and none of it was making sense to me.

The woman kept walking towards me while I stayed stationary, waiting for the mysterious female to stop. My eyes raked over her sun kiss skin that glowed underneath the bright sunlight that washed over the area. She looked like an angel that had just fallen with her light brunette hair that fell over her shoulders in waves that bounced with every step she took toward me, and her slim but muscular body that made me want to run my hands over her perfect skin.

When she stopped walking she stood only inches away from my body. Extreme heat radiated off her body but it didn't bother my skin in the slightest, it was as if she was about to burst into flames with the way it was growing every second she was close to me.

She was the same height as me, maybe a centimeter shorter, which meant her eyes met mine without having trouble. Her expression stayed the same the whole time she was walking and it didn't change when she stopped in front of me.

"Mine," That one word resonated in my mind playing over and over again as if a record was skipping and only playing that one word. My head begin to spin and my vision became blurry while the images around me disappeared in a cloud of smoke. Soon after my body felt like it was on a merry-go-round going extremely over the normal limit.

I opened my eyes and sat up in the bed panting with sweat dripping down my back and almost every other part of my body that I could feel. I closed my eyes and look slow long breaths to calm down my racing heart. After five minutes of trying to calm my heart I got it to stabilize myself but it didn't help that my wolf was pacing in my body clawing to be set free from it's restraints. I pushed it down and stood up from the bed on shaky feet and leaned my hand on the bed to keep myself up.

I had heard stories from the elders that Shifters would have a dream or vision of their soul mate when they were about to find them. I had never really thought to much on the topic seeing as I had been down here for thousands of years and had yet to see this person that would make my life worth living. It was very common to find your mate back when Shifter were first made but now it was almost impossible to not be single. Considering all the kids running around this place you would think that I had found the one but I had no luck. I had longed to actually meet my mate for centuries but as time went on I gave up on the hope of one day finding them. Without a mate to help rein in my beast I had to learn and train myself to become the strongest fighter that we had. I distanced myself from all the people down here and made it my job to protect every being that lived down here. I became the leader of the army and trained every man or woman that wanted to fight against the Vampires and reclaim their homeland.