Seher stared, stunned.

"What?"

"Yes," he said. "I had Nedim hire a detective to dig into her sordid past, when she said something about giving birth to four children. I thought she was just messing with me. But she'd created a full life story for herself by taking credit from loan sharks, to fool us."

A muscle moved in his jaw.

"And I swallowed her bait. I even paid back that loan shark. I was such a..." He shook his head a little. "Anyway, her story was fake. She really did leave us for money. But the man with whom she'd run away, left her as soon as she found out that she was pregnant. The detective is still after her trail..."

Seher let that sink in for a moment.

"You're saying that you have another brother or a sister, somewhere?" She asked. "Wait, did she abandon that baby too?"

"Possibly," he said sourly.

Seher gasped, hugging her belly tight. She couldn't comprehend that woman's actions. How could a mother be this soulless to be cruel to her own flesh and blood?

"What kind of a monster is she?" She exclaimed.

"She's nobody," Yaman said, firmly. "Nothing. But if there's someone out there sharing my blood...."

"You'll find them," Seher said in a decisive voice. "You will!"

"I need more information," he muttered. "Maybe I should pay her another visit...."

"No!" Seher said. "Don't go anywhere near her. Not ever again."

"Okay, okay," He put a reassuring hand on her shoulder. "Don't get yourself into a twist. I have nothing to say to her, anyway."

"I don't want her to even breath the same air as you, after what she did to us!" She said.

"Fine, calm down," he said softly. Then he stood up. "Come on, let's take a walk to cool off ourselves. I mean, you look pretty when you're all red and angry, but it must not be good for your blood pressure."

Seher huffed. She could be sweaty, hair hanging down unbrushed, with a two- day old zit on her chin and he would still think she was pretty. He pulled her up to feet, as if she weighed no more than a feather.

"Don't worry, okay?" She said. "Everything will work out fine."

A genuine smile pulled at his mouth for the first time.

"I know it will."

************************************

Inside, Yaman was burning.

He'd been strung up lately. The babies would come any moment now, and he'd read everything he could find about pregnancy and labor. There were a lot of things that could go wrong and the danger on Seher's life was huge too.

He hated that he had no control over this matter. On one hand, he was ecstatic about the new addition to the family, on the other hand he wished it wouldn't put his wife through so much risk.

And now, Nedim had dropped this bomb-like news on him this morning.

Spring was in full bloom and the mansion garden flourished with Ziya's flowers and plants. Bees buzzed around. The sun shone in a cloudless, pale blue sky.

After a while, they sat on the bench under a tree, tired of walking.

"Shouldn't you be at the company?" Seher asked, wiping at her brows.

He shook his head. "Nedim will handle everything for now."

Seher searched his face, probably realizing the turmoil in his mind.