Lane

Y/N's POV

Another month has passed and so much has happened in that time. Katherine gave birth to Adam, her chunky little man with handsome, large brown eyes. Lisa is still on maternity leave to spend time with LJ. Nothing interesting was going on with the band at the moment until we blew up the internet with our pregnancy announcement/I'm alive video that went up on Cimorelli's youtube channel. Reading all the comments was chaotic but mostly everyone seemed to be thrilled with the news, along with being shocked by Lauren's bulging stomach.

The nursery is nearly complete, all that's left are the final aesthetic touches my wife can't seem to settle on. We are only a month away from meeting our daughter and we couldn't be more ready. Lauren especially is getting miserable as she nears the end of her pregnancy, complete with constantly swollen feet, random cravings for things we don't have in the house at midnight, and her fiery crankiness. I think I may be more ready for her to give birth than she is but I continue to provide everything she needs happily.

Lauren is wrapped up in my hoodie and covered by a mountain of blankets on the couch, she lays there shivering and staring blankly at the TV. It's odd considering it is fairly warm outside, perfect weather for us to enjoy a short walk. I place a snack of cheese and crackers on the table beside her, kneeling down as I notice her clenched jaw. "What's the matter, baby?"

"I can't stop shaking. It's cold." She frowns and I place my hand on her forehead to check for a fever. She's warm but not feverish, I assume it is probably from all the layers.

"Do you feel sick?"

"Not really. But I don't feel right either and my back is aching."

Her answer makes me raise an eyebrow, curious if this is more than normal pregnancy pains. I grab the plate off the table, holding out a bite for Lauren. She shakes her head, telling me she didn't want any of it. "Just a little bit, for me?"

She sighs, leaning closer and taking a bite of the colby-jack cheese. I lay the plate on the couch in front of her, kissing her forehead before heading upstairs to grab my phone when it starts to ring.

"Hello?" I sigh, answering the call from Lisa.

"Hey, girl. What's wrong? You sound stressed."

"It's nothing. Lauren is just having a rough day is all." I say, sitting in the chair to talk comfortably.

"What's happening?" She asks in concern.

"She won't stop shaking. She is buried under blankets, resting on the couch. She doesn't have a fever though."

"How long has she been doing it?"

"I don't know, she has been lying there for about an hour."

"Y/N, I know it's early but-"

"Y/N!" Lauren interrupts with a shout. I quickly jump up and race down the stairs. She has kicked the blankets off, holding her stomach as her face tightens in pain. I sit in front of her, dropping the phone in my lap. "It hurts. I think I'm having a contraction." She mutters through gritted teeth.

"Breath. Deep breaths, love. I'm right here." I place my hands on top of her own.

"Y/N!" Lisa's muffled shout catches my attention. I press the speakerphone button before placing my hand right back in its previous spot.

"I'm still here. You're on speaker." I call out to her.

"You said Laur has been shaking, right? This could be real labor. I did the same with little Lise. The doctor said it was caused by hormones spiking, adrenaline." Lisa says calmly as both of our eyes go wide.

"No, it's too soon." Lauren shakes her head. She is relaxing as the pain has started to pass but still carries a worried look on her face.

"It's early but not too early. It's ok, Laur. But you two need to go get you checked out if it continues, ok? Call me later."

--

Seven hours later, Lauren leans back on her pillow in exhaustion but a small smile settles on her face. In her arms, Lane snuggles closer; underweight but healthy, fully fed, and sleeping peacefully.

"I can't believe it," Lauren whispers looking down at our daughter, carefully trailing a finger over her swollen cheeks. "She is so beautiful."

"Yes, you are." I hold a lazy smirk on my face, watching her blush. "You both are. You did so good, baby." I kiss her head lightly before sitting with them in the bed. "We never decided on a middle name."

"Do you have any in mind?"

"I like the one you said, Violet. You?"

She hesitates. "Riley."

I stare at her, blinking a few times in surprise. "You want to give her Alyson's middle name?"

"It's cute. And she was someone important to you. But it's up to you." Lauren looks down at Lane. I can tell she is worried she crossed a line.

"We're already naming her Lane after my mother..." I bite my lip anxiously.

"So? It doesn't bother me to honor those you've loved and lost." Lauren says tenderly.

I think on it for a few minutes, sitting in silence as I watch my girls. "I like it."

"You do?" Lauren whispers in surprise. I nod, leaning in to kiss her softly.

"You're too perfect." I sigh, running my fingers over her cheek. Her hair is tossed up in a comfortable bun but I find a loose curl and move it delicately behind her ear.

--

"Lemme see her!" Dani arrives, whisper shouting as she pushes past Katherine. Lisa is holding Lane on the couch next to Amy as Dani snatches her right up. "Awe, she has little crooked fingers." Dani coos, kissing them delicately, bouncing in place with Lane looking up at her curiously.

"Don't even check on your sister, you just go straight to the baby. Nice." Lauren groans playfully. Her smile wide as she watches the pair interact.

"I already know you are just fine. Y/N has been giving us updates." Dani smirks.

Christina enters, placing a stuffed animal with a balloon tied to its wrist on the larger table in the room. She glances at Lane with a proud smile before walking over to Lauren's side. She gives me a hug before turning to her little sister. "How is everything?"

Lauren beams, taking Christina's hand in hers. "Everything is fine. She is here and she is incredible."

"Dani, pass her to her godmother." I grin, watching Christina's eyes go wide. A muffled 'what' comes from Lisa as Christina starts to tear up.

"Godmother?" She sniffles, taking Lane in her arms.

"Who better to protect her in life than the one that protected her in the womb?" Lauren teases, looking teary-eyed herself.

"She's so small," Christina mumbles, taking a seat beside the bed. I take a quick picture to save this moment forever, locking eyes with Christina. We share a smile before she looks back at the bundle of joy in her arms.

I slide in beside Lauren, kissing her temple. "I'm still in shock she is finally here," I whisper for only her to hear. "I just want to stay in this moment forever."

"Don't you want to watch her grow? Watch her thrive?" She jokes, cuddling up into my side and laying her head on my chest.

"I do. You know what I mean." I run my fingers through her brown locks, sending her a nervous smile.

"Hey. We can do this. Whatever life throws at us, we still have each other... right?"

Is this the end? I don't know... I may do some more with the baby but I feel like this is a good stopping point. Also, I love how I said finish in a week or so only to have this story on my mind all day, wanting to write more. :P