Tommy looked her in the eyes. He wasn't sure what to say to that.

"Like I said peach, you're very admirable"

She smiled at him, "let's go to the races Tommy" he agreed and stepped back, holding his arm out for her again, leading the way.

*****

They didn't say anything the rest of the way to the races.

Once they reached their destination, they entered the building through a side hallway. Tommy turned to her then, "I need to go the betting room real quick for business. You wait here and I'll be back soon"

She looked at him confused "you said Since I'm your assistant it'll be good for me to be here. Yet you don't want me to come along for the business?"

Tommy nodded like it was obvious. "I'll be quick and then we can go watch the race, aye?"

She gave him a look of annoyance, knowing there was going to be no way to convince him otherwise. She gave him a nod and stepped back.

He looked at her for another second, "I won't be long"

Then he turned and walked down the hall.

Bella stood and watched after him until he disappeared around the corner.

Sighing, she slumped against the wall. There was nothing to do and no where to go.

If she left the spot she would most definitely get lost. Plus Tommy would get mad and that could ruin the rest of the day.

She wanted to be involved, but if what Tommy says is true and he's only checking on the betting. It shouldn't be too long and I guess it's not a big deal for her to wait.

So she stayed put, leaning against the wall in the hallway.

Sometime had past when she noticed a figure approaching her out of the corner of her eye. When she looked over she saw a tall man coming her way. It wasn't Tommy though, this man was had dirty blonde hair and walked with a different swagger.

She ignored him, maybe he'll just walk right by her.

But that didn't seem to be the case. He approached her, stopping only about two feet from her.

"And what is a lovely lady like you doing here all alone?" He asked with a raised eyebrow and smirk

Bella glanced up at him then looked back down at her nails

"I don't believe that's any of your business"

His smirk widen and he stepped closer, "well by the looks of it, you seem lonely. I'll keep you company"

Bella still not paying him much mind, hoping he'd go away, quickly looked down the hallway hoping to see Tommy. But no such luck.

"I'm here with a date. He'll be back any second." She wanted him to leave

Chuckling, he shook his head "I don't see anyone right now. So I'd say you're up for grabs"

A shiver ran down her spine. He was talking as if she was an object he could just claim.

It was then that he moved even closer and put his right hand on the wall by her face and leaned in, she closed her eyes

"Why don't you come with me and I can show you a real good tim-"

"I'd move away from her mate"

Bella opened her eyes to see Tommy standing to the left of the man.

His eyes had a dangerous look in them, his hands clenched by his sides turning white and gave the man another warning look. Telling him to back off now before he regrets it.