CHAPTER 2| Losses

Start from the beginning

He hated that day.

Tangsan didn't even say goodbye to him. After his awakening ceremony and him finding out he could be a soul Master he just left without a goodbye.

He was so absorbed in his sorrow that he didn't notice his grandfather,as he came into his room.

Old Jack,was the leader of Holy spirit village and he was also the person who adopted him the night he was found outside the borders of the village.

They were very close as grandfather and grandson that it was sometimes really difficult to believe that Lixue was adopted.

There closeness with each other was what also broke the old man's when he arrived upon the scene.

He knew that what he did was wrong but he was helpless. He could see how the two were getting close....too close and he couldn't let it continue. They were just going to hurt each other and he would not allow it. Though he feared he may have been a little too late, because even if they couldn't see it, they had unknowingly fallen in love with each other.

He still remembered the sad look on Tangsan's face when he wasn't given the opportunity to speak to Lixue. But it was for the best.

"Lixue,.."the old man called in a small voice but he didn't respond. He knew he heard him but just decided to not respond. Old Jack just sighed sitting by the side of his bed.

"Lixue, I know that you are sad but it is for the best." The old man spoke softly to the still sobbing child. He really didn't like to see his grandson like this but he had to do it. No one could know what Lixue really was not even Lixue himself and him being so close to Tangsan was a huge red light.

"Why didn't you let us say goodbye, grandfather." The white haired boy asked him with teary eyes. Old Jack just sighed. "It is for your own good."

Lixue felt his blood boil at that statement. Why was he always told that. What was for his own good,him always being kept in the dark was for his own good,him being separated from the only person that made him feel normal was for his own good. How could that possibly be for ones own good.

"Why do you always say that." He found himself raising his voice, his inner frustration finally lashing out.

Old Jack sighed again. What was he to do with the boy. He knew he couldn't keep the boy with him forever, the boy wanted answers. He began to rethink about his earlier rather rash decision. Did he really make the right decision by separating them?

"Lixue, I'm sorry. I really want to protect you but you are growing... I.... can see that. I know you don't understand why I do some of the things I do but I really do want to keep you safe. You are still too young but you are right. What I did was wrong and you have every right to be anger with me my child and that is why I owe it you to tell you this." He spoke as pulled out of his pocket a small blue orb barely the size of his thumbprint and a beautiful butterfly pendant.

"This orb is what came along with you when I found you that night. You were so small that I didn't think you would make it but here you are." Lixue nodded understanding what his grandfather was trying to say. His earlier agony deduced. He still stared intensely yet confusedly at the butterfly shaped pendant.

"It's a gift from Tangsan. He asked me to give it to you since he couldn't give it to you himself." To the old man's surprise. He found Lixue racing for the pendant rather than the thing that could possibly be the only link to find out were he really came from. His face fell upon seeing that, but not because he disapproves but because it was just not meant to be. He stood leaving the boy to his own device leaving the orb on the table along the side of his bed.

As soon as His grandfather was out the door Lixue sat up straight a look of determination in his eyes. He was not going to stay in this town any longer because no matter how much he loved his grandfather,he didn't make him feel the same way Tangsan did. So he got up and took his bag shoving a few clothes in them with the pendant laying effortlessly around his neck. He knew what he was about to do would hurt his grandfather very much,but he didn't want to focus on that now or else he would not be able to go through with his plan. So taking a quill and parchment he wrote his final goodbye.

Dear Grandfather,
By the time you find this I would probably be gone. I know this will hurt you but trust me grandpa when I say this hurts me more than it dose you. I don't know why I am even doing this if I were being honest actually, running away that is, but I just know it what it's best for me.
I also know you just want to keep me safe but keeping me hidden is not keeping me safe but ..... well in simpler terms,hiding me from the world is not keeping me safe but rather making me ignorant to what the world is actually, and I don't want that. I want to know what is out there and what the world has to offer. I want to explore and see things I have never seen before,do things I have never done before. I want to be free for once in my life.
Grandpa I am also leaving in hopes of finding Tangsan since you refuse to tell me anything about his school.I don't know why but I just feel so empty without him. I feel lost and my heart just aches when he is not by my side. I don't know what this feeling is but I have always felt like this about him since he saved me. That is why I am going to find him. Don't worry about me too much grandpa,and I will understand if you resent me now but I will always love and cherish you the man who allowed me to live. This is my goodbye to you grandfather.

Your Grandson,
Lixue Ling.

Lixue now had tears in his eyes as he finished the letter. He wiped them off the determination still burning in him like a never extinguishing flame. He folded the letter neatly and placed it on his or what was his bed. Escaping quietly out of the window he ran. He ran not turning back to see his grandfather already in his room watching him with a sad smile on his face as he whispered to him 'Good luck, grandson.'

Lixue ran like he had never ran before. He ran until he couldn't anymore, his legs burning and pleading for him to stop. He was going to find Tangsan no matter what obstacle was to come his way. This was his moment of ture freedom and he relished in it. He found himself smiling as he enjoyed this new found feeling.

That of course came crushing down when he came face with Tang Hao. He stood in place as if he was waiting for him. Was Tang Hao going to stop him leaving. Was he......

"He is in Nuoding City. You're smart so I'm sure once you get there you will find him."He spoke walking off as mysteriously as he came. "Oh and one more thing when you unlock you spirits hide the one that pops up on the left."

Lixue didn't know what to make of the things that Tang Hao had said but he made sure to keep it in mind

So to Nuoding City he went.

Wherever that was???????

************************************************************************************************
Unedited