CHAPTER 1| Beginnings

Start from the beginning

He saw Tang Hao by the table boozing himself to oblivion. He couldn't judge the man but he still couldn't help but thinking about the condition of the man's life. His state was not the best and he was..... to put in simple terms a person who drank a lot, but he was really harmless. Just a man trying to rid himself of his grief. All so he thought...

His mind was brought back to reality when he heard the all too familiar sounds of hammering coming from the place, the person he was actually here to see was.

He found himself smiling as he approached the working figure. He didn't know why his heart fluttered everytime he saw him but he didn't really care. All that mattered was that he was his best friend and the only person aside his grandfather who didn't care about his looks or unknown origins. That's just the quality that made Lixue attracted to Tangsan from the very beginning. He still remembers the first time they ever met.

............ A much younger Lixue probably three or four years old was surrounded by a few older boys. They were in the forest a good distance away from the village so no one would know what they were about to do to the terrified white haired boy.

"Just look at him...her,I don't even know what to make of it." One of the boys said.

"How can you. I mean just looking at it makes me want to puke. It's just a mistake". Snarled another boy. "Yeah! If he was a girl this would have been tolerable."

"You don't belong here. You here me, Whatever the heck you are." Said another boy angrily.

Lixue just sat there unable to move as they continued to rain him with insults because he was born differently. What was wrong with how he looked. Sure he wasn't as mascular as most boys and his physic gave him a more feminine appearance but was that the reason they were so mean to him? Did his looks really disgust them that much,was he that repulsive and unpleasing to look at?

He felt tears run down his cheeks. Was he really a mistake?,was it wrong to look the way he looked. How was it his fault that he came to this world like this.

"What's this? Is he crying."

"At least take it like a man.....oh wait you're not. Oops my mistake." One of the boys said as the group broke out into a huge fit of laughter.

Lixue just wanted to get out of where he unfortunately found himself. He didn't like the way they were describing him and they made it crystal clear that they didn't like him, so why were they still circling him, holding him in bondage. He felt so trapped.

It felt suffocating and he wanted to get out, but his attempt to do that resulted in him getting shoved rather violently back onto the ground.

"Where do you think you're going."His rather delicate skin drawing out blood from his forehead due to the brutal impact.

"Look at this. He even gets cuts so easily. How pathetic."

"Come on boys, let's have some fun." The leader of the group, Ji chi said with an evil grin. Lixue felt his body crawl. Anytime he said that it only meant one thing and he began to cry even more, pleading for them to stop what they were about to do even though he knew it was all in vain. He saw as Ji raised his hand with all the intention of hitting him. His crimson dark eyes showing nothing but hatred towards the white haired boy and this made Lixue cry even more.

Lixue shut his eyes waiting for the usual hot sensation on his cheeks and his body in general but it never came. At first he thought it was a prank and they wanted him to open his eyes first before doing anything but that thought soon flew out the window when he heard the sounds of fighting. He still wouldn't open his eyes,the fear of being hurt being stronger than anything else. When the noise finally came to an end he heard footsteps approaching. He cowered. Bringing one of his arms up for what ever protection they could offer,eyes still closed,as he pleaded.