twenty-two

We had the weekend off for dance, which I was totally thankful for. Alex gives us every other weekend off.

Our group of friends figured we could do something together for once. It's Friday and I'm packing my things to go camping.

We're just staying for the night since Sam and Colby have to publish on Sunday.

I can't remember the last time I went camping. The whole group is going.

Sam, Kat, Stas, me, Colby, Tyler, Avery, and even Addison. I was honestly excited to get the group together without having drinking involved.

I was just bringing a duffel bag of things, basically extra clothes, blankets, my pillow, and snacks to hide.

I zip my duffel bag up when I have everything packed. Tyler, Avery, and myself are meeting Sam and Colby at the site.

We were all sharing the tents by two. It's going to be all the couples having their own tent, which leaves Addison and Stas.

They were both okay with sharing a tent so that made me feel happy, I didn't want anyone left out.

Right as I zipped my bag, my door swung open revealing Tyler and Avery. "You ready?" I nodded while I grabbed my bag.

The couple already put the two tents and everything else in the back of the car.

We walk down to his car and pile inside, me getting in the back. Tyler was driving while Avery sat in the passenger.

"Do you guys know how to get to this place?" Tyler asked while starting the car up.

He had his phone in his right hand while he looked at it. "I think Colby should've sent you his location." I speak up.

He gets it on his phone and starts to drive away. His phone was connected to his car speakers so every time it spoke, it would come through.

For fifteen minutes, we sit in silence while we drive. "Man, I love this song." I tease Tyler.

I could hear him breathe out in anger. "Shut the fuck up, Cassie." He joked.

Avery started shaking her head while she looked out the window.

We had an hour drive to the place. I've never camped there so I was excited.

"You're lucky you're bitch ass is driving or I'll smack the shit out of you." I tease him.

He glanced at me through the rear view mirror for a split second.

"Okay? Even if you don't, I can still wreck the car and kill your ass." The way he said it made me chuckle a little bit.

Avery snapped her neck towards her boyfriend. "You gonna let me die too?" She asked fake offended.

I loved how she gets in on our fake arguments sometimes. It honestly makes it a lot better.

That's how I knew I loved her. Instead of being weirded out about us fake arguing, she joined us.

"Of course not, baby. I'll pull you out before it gets too bad." I just laugh while he reaches his hand over to hold her hand.

The whole car ride was interesting. We either fake argued, screamed different lyrics, or just talked.

I texted Colby the whole way, us two talking about random things. He's gonna help us set up all of the tents.

Perks of him being in boy scouts. When we get to the site, we see Sam and Colby getting a fire together.

We get out of the car when we park by their car. "Where's the girls?" I ask noticing they're not here.