"Oh yeah? I hope your allowance can cover all of my extra toppings!"

The two raced off down the road, flying over the bridge at break neck speed. Jim was nimble, he probably had the speed advantage. But Toby knew the area better and had a habit of being a bit of a trickster. Jim was sure to this day that Toby knew routes he didn't through this town. As he expected, he turned around to taunt his friend only to see Domzalski had vanished from sight. Where was he? Didn't matter, stay focused on task, Jim's mind reassured him. He knew this would be an easy victory.
The familiar blue glint of the amulet caught Jim's eye as he rode past the remains of Kanjigar. He pondered who would be called as the Trollhunter this time. Whilst it'd been Toby most of the time, he'd been called a couple of times, Claire had been called, Douxie had been called (but seriously, the guy didn't even need Daylight, he was able to just blast any enemies with magic). Even Steve got called on once. That one had been fun. Steve had lasted all of five minutes before he had a full on breakdown and got killed by Bular on his first night. At the time it was fairly horrific to watch, but now Jim found it sort of hilarious.

Arcadia Oaks High loomed on the horizon like an ominous shadow, the atmosphere around it was somewhat foreboding.
Jim pulled up and chained up his bike. Unclipped his helmet, he placed it into his locker. Yay, time for more government mandated educational prison.
To his surprise, Toby was already waiting by the classroom door. He looked ridiculously out of breath. Jim knew Toby had once again found some way of beating him.

"Why'd you wait for me?" He asked Toby.

"So I could gloat and also so we can do the walk of shame together, man. Plus hahaaaaa! Looks like you owe me a milkshake."

"You obviously cheated!" James complained, turning the handle of the classroom door.

"You never specified what was cheating and what wasn't so my friend, I won, fair and square!" Toby gloated and walked into the classroom after Jim.

The class fell silent as the two of them awkwardly shuffled to their seats. Strickler placed his pen cap on. Jim rolled his eyes, he didn't particularly care for this version of Strickler. Well, the sooner he could speedrun the changeling's redemption, the better in his mind. He sat deep in thought, thinking to himself about how best to approach that side of things. To approach Claire. To try and keep everyone away from that damned amulet. He decided that was the top priority.

"Wouldn't you agree Mr. Lake?"

His attention was drawn back to the lesson by Strickler standing over him, clicking that damn pen repeatedly. It was mildly infuriating.

"Uhh, I dunno. I wasn't paying attention."

Walter arched an eyebrow, "That I can tell. I think I'd like to have a little word with your mother at some point Jim. I'm slightly concerned by your attitude today."

Jim shrugged it off, much to everyone else's amusement and Toby's awe, "Okay, sure.  Guess I'll see you after school then."

Strickler looked taken aback. How was he even meant to answer that? Something was definitely up with Jim Lake Jr., but that wasn't the changeling's greatest concern at this point in time. He knew he had to speak with Bular tonight, they had to co-ordinate moving the bridge pieces.

"Perhaps tomorrow Mr. Lake." He spoke calmly, "Right, class dismissed!"

Everyone spilled out into the yard for recess. People were looking at Jim and Toby, chattering amongst themselves. Mary was definitely eyeing him up.
Jim on the other hand just flipped her off, laughed to himself, and sauntered over to Claire's locker. Toby was grabbed by Wang and dragged off for conversation, for gossip purposes no doubt.

"¡Ay díos mío!" Claire exclaimed loudly, scared by Jim showing up so sporadically.

"Ah, lo siento Claire."

"Hm, your pronunciation has improved since we last spoke, but your tardiness definitely hasn't." She chided.

He eyed the blue streak in her hair, watching her face. She had a tiny curve upwards at the corners of her lips. Nuñez raised a hand to his well built chest and pushed him to one side.

"However, I haven't the time to stand and chat, I've got rehearsals to get to."

"Hey, maybe I could audition for the play? It'd be fun right? Besides I love Romeo and Juliet, such a classic tragedy." Jim was glad the resets had given him ample time to learn stuff about Shakespeare so he could impress Claire with that knowledge.

"Oh, you like Shakespeare?" Her whole face lit up.

"Yeah, huuuge Shakespeare geek, that's me." Jim cringed a bit at what had come out of his mouth.

"This is so great! We've been having issues getting guys to try out and you'd make an amazing Romeo, I'm sure! We gotta go see Miss Janeth right now!"

Claire grasped Jim's hand to drag him along. The moment their skin touched, Jim felt that weird surge of energy again. His vision grew blurred, a green hue around the edges of his field of view. He could suddenly see him and Claire everywhere on the school yard. Various interactions. They were loud. He began to sway heavily. His head was spinning.
Toby saw this and broke away from Mary's interrogation, yelling after Jim.
Before he and Claire knew what to do, James Lake Junior was out cold.