Chapter 105 - If she died, so would he

Start from the beginning

Then she recalled her energy was exhausted at the end when she poured all of her fire on Zekalis. She was on the verge of dying.

Tears ran down from her eyes as she cried because she missed Demian. She wanted to tell him that she loved him but now she couldn't because she was dead.

"Are you sure you are dead?" A voice asked startling her. She moved her eyes but she couldn't find anyone except the unsettling quietness.

She looked again and found a woman standing afar in a white gown. She had curly red hair but her eyes were brown. Her aura felt very familiar yet she couldn't recognise her. She came near and smiled.

"Who are you?"

"Mm..." the beautiful woman hummed and said, "Jord must have never given you my photo."

Seraphina was puzzled but then she realized who it was. She cried and hurried toward her and wrapped her hands around the beautiful lady as she buried her face on the woman's shoulders. The woman embraced her and said, "Don't cry, Seraphina."

"Mom!" more tears streamed as she sniffed.

Her mother said, praising her as she patted her head, "You did great, Seraphina. I am so proud of you."

"But I have only messed up," she mumbled on her mother's shoulders with a defeated voice.

"If you were messed up then you couldn't have saved Demian."

"How do you know him?"

"I have been watching you through the flames." Her mother smiled as Seraphina looked at her mother questioningly and the beautiful flames started to appear around them.

"Y-you were?"

She nodded, "I was and I will forever."

"But father hates me now..." Seraphina said with a sad face.

"Your father could never hate you, Seraphina. He loves you the most. He put the sealing on you because he only wanted to save you." Her mother added, "You were becoming uncontrollable and you were hurting the innocents which would end up killing you as well."

She continued, "The seal was broken because of your will to save Demian. Only a true love can break the seal because you wanted the power to save another being, the seal broke. Whether it was a love for people or a love for your guild or love for Demian"

Your powers were never gone. It was always with you and now that you have learnt powers are meant to protect others without harming them, your flames can only harm your enemies but not your friends. But you can't always rely on it; however, you can rely on yourself."

Her mother touched Seraphina's forehead with her own forehead and said, "You were so weak when you came to me that I was scared I would lose you."

Seraphina listened as she felt her mother's warmth.

"I had no choice but to give you all my powers."

Seraphina looked up at her with wide eyes as she continued, "Your father didn't want to perform the ritual but I begged him because I would die if something happened to you."

Seraphina's tears came down on her own as she asked, "Wh-what do you mean?"

"The ritual of transferring one's powers to another one. It kills the one who gives their power to another being. That is why this is forbidden magic."

Seraphina looked at her wide-eyed as she recalled Zekalis doing it. "So, it was because of me you died?"

Her mother shook her head while smiling happily, "It made me save you forever. You were never the cause of my death, you were my precious daughter and no mother can watch their own flesh dying in their hands."

Her mother took her cheeks in both of her hands and said, "I love you Seraphina, and I will forever save you."

As her mother's touch started to perish, Seraphina cried and asked with sniffing, "What am I gonna do now that the dragons know who I am?"

Her mother smiled and she said, " Do what the flame queen would have done in a situation like this."

As soon as she perished, Seraphina woke up and found herself in her room in the dragon castle. The same room where she had been so used to it that she couldn't forget it.

As she was about to sit, a familiar voice scolded her, "Don't you dare sit now, young woman!"

She smiled as she had missed those scolding for so long. She looked at the small human beside her bed, standing with a red nose and puffy eyes. Although she was glaring at her, she could notice how scared she was.

"Celia..." Seraphina smiled and Celia started to cry as she complained, "How could you be so reckless! You damn woman! If you had died, I would have killed you."

Seraphina chuckled which made Celia growl in anger but she kept sniffing. "You were almost gone for a week!"

Celia was still crying as she said, "If it weren't for the blue flames covering your heart, you could have died long ago."

A week... Seraphina thought. The blue flames covered his heart to save her. She knew well who it was. It was her mother.

She looked at Celia and asked, "What about Demian?"

"The Young Prince is safe and healthy. Because of his transformation, his injuries were healed in two days."

Seraphina nodded as relief spread on her chest.

"But Prince Demian wouldn't come out of his chamber and he stayed mostly there."

Seraphina was worried about why Demian didn't come out. Wasn't his transformation complete? What about the curse?

She got worried as she wanted to go see Demian and was about to sit up when Celia scolded her again, "No! If you set your feet out of this room, I will personally tie you up with ropes."

Celia looked scared as Seraphina chuckled nervously.

Celia said before leaving, "Let me inform Master Valentine and Prince Billard because they were really worried."