Chapter 105 - If she died, so would he

Start from the beginning

Reginald shouted as he was supported by one of the Dragon Guards, "Princess Seraphina is not dead yet."

Demian snapped his head toward him as he assured, "I still can sense a faint life in her. She is there."

Reginald pointed at the pile of clay as all the Dragon Guards went there hurriedly as well as Demian, Prince Billard and Master Valentine.

General Houjou and his men were busy capturing the wizards who ran away before the castle ground started to suck their life force. And he had been excellent in his work.

The Guards kept digging and digging and digging and soon found a hand. And without a doubt, it was Seraphina's hand.

Demian pushed the guards away as he started to dig with other men and soon, they dug out her full body while Demian held her in his arms and pulled her out from the hardened clay.

"Seraphina!" He called but she didn't answer.

Seraphina was unconscious as Demian kept calling her name while tears ran down on his face and Billard and others approached him slowly. Billard was happy that the curse Demian had bearing was lifted but as he saw the laying body of Seraphina he felt sad.

Demian looked at his brother with a pair of teared eyes as he pleaded, "Please, save her."

He didn't want anything but her. He felt his heart was shattering into pieces as Seraphina's injured body laid motionless in his arms. He would not be able to live if something happened to her. If she died he would die too.

Master Valentine took off his rob and wrapped it around Demian as he knelt beside him and said, "We need to hurry and get back to the castle if we need to save her."

Prince Billard had never seen his dear brother crying for someone. He had never cared but it melted his heart that it was Seraphina who changed him.

He ordered, "Prepare the ride for the wounded ones."

The men hurried while Demian looked at Master Valentine, "How-how will I live if something happened -"

"Shush," Master Valentine patted Prince Demian's shoulder as he said, "Seraphina is a strong woman and you know that better than anyone. Nothing would happen."

Demian smiled as somehow he felt relieved and soon he fell unconscious beside his beloved wife when both Master Valentine and Prince Billard panicked.

Prince Billard growled in anger as he again ordered his men to make the rides fast while they carried two unconscious people.

The war between wizards and dragons might have gone on for many years but the love between a wizard and a dragon carved into everyone's mind that day. Nobody ever heard or think of such a forbidden love but everyone gave in when they witnessed Demian's and Seraphina's love for each other.

*****

Seraphina opened her eyes and bright rays of sun fell on her eyes as she sat up blinking her eyes and found herself in the garden of her guild, Arctic Flames.

When did she arrive here? She thought but then she recalled she was fighting with that giant monster. Was it defeated? And where was Demian? She felt panic flooding in her.

She stood up and looked around to ask someone but it was strange as no one was there. The surrounding felt almost translucent and there was an eerie silence dominating the whole garden. There was no sound of birds, winds. The leaves weren't moving either and it made her stomach tied into a knot. The quietness of it was almost deafening that it suffocated her.