Lights. Camera. Drama!

Start from the beginning

Evelynn stepped closer to the old car, minding the rust on the rail next to her. She did not remember getting her tetanus shot recently.

Evelynn: Fascinating. . . why do we need it?

She prodded the door with one of her invisible tails, making it almost fall off of the hinge with a tap. Well, that certainly wasn't up to regulation. She pushed the door away with both tails and peered inside. It was visually in good condition, though the rails and sides needed new paint. The seats looked like they could have used a good scrubbing and some polish.

Akali stepped up beside her and sighed.

Akali: So. . . you know how we were all gonna have our own sets for the video. . . and. . . ya know how Ahri said we could only budget for three?

Evelynn did recall the conversation. When they were going over what to do for the music video. Ahri suggested they all have a theme or a stage, taking something everyday and mundane and turning it into something fantastical or magical. Ahri's idea was to turn a laundromat into a weird alternate reality throughout the video. Kai'sa wanted her part to take part in some sort of tunnel that turned into a black void with lights. Evelynn herself. . . well, she wanted a row of Lamborghini's that she would drive her own through. All replicas of course, except her own.

Akali had not voiced what she wanted to do but seemed a little put out by the prospect, perhaps this was why.

Akali: I didn't want to suggest something that would go over budget, Ahri has been so accommodating already ya know? So I asked Colt-Hawk-whatever to help me see if I could get an old train car to use relatively cheap. This is what I found. And I figured since you'll be doing part of the video on my set, I should get your approval first.

That was what this was about? She didn't think that the budget could afford to build the interior of a train car for the video? Evelynn patted Akali on the head and sighed.

Evelynn: Oh, you sweet summer child. Did you really think we weren't going to let you have a set as well? Ahri meant that we could only create three full sets. Kai'sa and I are using the same set for ours, we had more than enough to accommodate you.

The rapper looked flabbergasted.

Akali: Wait. What?! I thought. . . but. . . why didn't you say that?

Evelynn: We did sweetie, you just weren't listening.

Eve made her tail corporeal, running it along her friend's chin as she stepped past her and hoisted herself into the car. There was definitely a layer of dust, but it seemed fine regardless. She sat on one of the seats and prayed that it would not collapse under her. It had a certain charm to it.

Evelynn: Still, points for authenticity.

She ran a fingernail over one of the rails, peeling up a bit of the paint.

Evelynn: It's going to need some work. . . but I approve. And I applaud your ingenuity.

Akali's face lit up so bright that the sun itself was no longer needed. It was adorable how excited she got over the simplest things and compliments, it was something that made her stand out from the rest of the musicians she knew. Akali was as genuine as they come. In fact, all of the members of their little group were genuine people, she felt the most out of place.

Evelynn: I'm sure you could get this spic and span by Monday without issue. I'm sure Ahri or Hawk could lend you a car to bring everything needed.

Akali laughed and retreated back to the bike and leaned over it to grab something. She pulled up a green sack that Evelynn did not remember being there before. She hauled it over to the front of the car and started taking things out of it.